• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. T

Survival Fiction

Just read the Thanksgiving installment. Glad I read this before lunch as it mostly made me hungry! The part about the guernsey cow reminded me of the guernsey my Mom had growing up affectionately named "Squirt". ;) Kent
  2. T

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

Yeah, if you're not happy with the height of the optic, it's probably best to not waste money getting an iron sight to co-witness it. Keep us posted on what you end up with, and I appreciate all the advice! Kent
  3. T

I haven't tested my theory yet, but my thinking is that when looking through the optic, the fiber optic bead would be closer to POI at distances less than 5 yards. I'll have to do a little testing. Kent
  4. T

I see now what you mean. That would likely work great on anything with a straight stock (AR, M4 style stock on nearly any firearm). Would one of the ATI Akita stocks work out better? That would keep the "stock" look with a raised comb. http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-168-akita ... stock.aspx...
  5. T

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa I'd be interested to see what kind of setup you're running. I had some concerns about that as well, but my standard grip and cheek weld put the dot in a perfect place for me. Maybe you need a stock like the one I have on my 500. It...
  6. T

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Rossignol, did you ditch the red dot after trying it? Kent
  7. T

Survival Fiction

Following the story and a good read so far. Certainly makes me miss living in more rural America... Kent
  8. T

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa I'm updating things a bit and decided to try out a cheap red dot to see how I like it on a shotgun. I love it on my AR-15 as I'm right handed, left eye dominant. It makes leaving both eyes open easy now. Hopefully I can get some...
  9. T

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Magazine Tubes

Re: Magazaine Tube Plug Included? Sorry I didn't follow back up. Yes, my 500 had a plug in it, limiting it to 2 - 3" shells in the magazine tube. I just wasn't sure as I've seen plugs advertised for so many shotguns (including the 500) that I wondered if maybe it was an optional piece. Kent
  10. T

Re: Magazaine Tube Plug Included? Or just try putting 3 shells in the mag tube? Kent
  11. T

Re: Magazaine Tube Plug Included? Will do. Thanks! Kent
  12. T

Re: Magazaine Tube Plug Included? Thank you very much for the quick reply! One less thing to worry about! Kent
  13. T

Magazaine Tube Plug Included? This would be a really simple question to answer if I were home near my shotgun. :roll: I've just been invited to take a pheasant hunting trip over Thanksgiving weekend. I have a new Mossberg 500 Combo (54243) seen here...
  14. T

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa Thanks, Rossignol! I think the models with the Parkerized finish aren't out there as much any more. Most of the models I see in the shops now are just a matte finish. As for the HiViz, it's a big help for me as I'm right handed...
  15. T

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa Thank you!! Kent
  16. T

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa Mine is pretty old. Bought it back in 1999. I've really only added a set of GG&G sling attachments and a Hi-Viz fiber optic sight. I've put several thousand rounds through this old girl, and she's never batted an eye at anything...
Back