• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. N

What's made where?

I have read different conflicting stories about the Maverick's country of manufacture. Some say the barrels are Mexican made, others say the receivers are. I own a Maverick in 20 ga. and love it. I'm just looking for the correct info. on this out of curiosity.
  2. N

What Mossberg Is Best For Home Defense?

I shortened the barrel on an old 100% reliable 500. I am very familiar with the gun and trust it to protect my family. $100.00 total investment. I only hope I never have a need for it in the house.
  3. N

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: 500A "System" All you are lacking is the muzzleloader conversion barrel, and your system would be complete! :)
  4. N

Cleaning?

I would not use a drop of motor oil on any of my shotguns unless I ran out of Breakfree CLP or FP 10, which will not happen! Up here in the winter motor oil will make any semi-auto into an instant single shot, and a pump slow and gummy. It is too heavy in even warm weather, in my opinion, and...
  5. N

Maverick 88 Pump Action Reviews...

Mine is a 20 gauge. I have only had it a month or so, and have only fired it three times pheasant hunting, using the new 3" Federal Prairie Storm 1 1/4 oz. lead shells. I love how light it is to carry, and it functions just like my other 500s, except I must admit I am having trouble getting used...
  6. N

Maverick Over-Under

This may be the wrong place to post this, so please move/delete if need be. I was wondering if anyone here was using a Maverick o/u, what they thought of it's performance, and where they are made. I would guess Turkey. . . .they are priced amazingly low.
  7. N

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Reviews...

I had an 835 that was quite used when I bought it. It worked perfectly. I liked the nice patterns the overbored barrel produced. The gun feels huge in your hands, and I would not recommend it as a quail or pheasant gun, although my friend has one as his only gun and rarely misses a pheasant. . . .
  8. N

Loaning a gun

I currently have three Mossberg pumps and I will loan them to anyone I know. I would like one to develop a problem so I could see a weak point, as I have never had to repair one yet. If they run it over with the pickup or something I guess it is a $100 or $150.00 problem-no big deal. I just got...
  9. N

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Reviews...

I have owned over a dozen older 500s in the last two years. Every one functioned perfectly, even the ones that came to me VERY dirty. A couple were so old they had a single action bar. I still own two. I cannot comment on repairing the 500 series gun because I have never had to! Some of these...
  10. N

Concealed Handgun License (CHL)

I have had mine a couple years. Here it is called a concealed carry permit, as it covers any legal firearm and edged weapons with blades over 6" long. Our county sheriff is very happy to have law abiding citizens defending themselves and their families.
  11. N

Things I really want from Mossberg

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I have found ported barrels and ported choke tubes to be a joke. They are a sales gimmick in my opinion. I have used different guns with and without them. You are better off spending your money on ammo and practicing more. Again, just my opinion. What I would like...
  12. N

ATI Top Folding Stock Review: Mossberg 500

I built a HD gun with this stock, and also their synthetic forearm. I had no problem with the quality of these parts, and they have a great warranty. However, I found the stock uncomfortable to shoot. I think it would be a great choice if used for home defense only. It is a much more usable...
  13. N

What is the best scope for a rifle?

I use a very inexpensive scope on my Weatherby Vanguard 30-06, but it has been perfect for deer hunting. It is a Simmons 2.5-10 power with a 50mm recticle. I strongly recommend the large recticle. It gathers much more light for morning and evening hunts. The scope cost so little I am embarassed...
  14. N

Firearms Storage

I know I need a gun safe, but mine are in wooden display type cabinets right now. My Glock and Ruger Mk. II are also in unsecured locations. We have nearly no crime here, and I have nosey neighbors, but I do need a safe!
  15. N

What ear protection do you use?

I also wear foam ear plugs when shooting clays.
  16. N

Mossberg 500 vs Remington 870...

I shot a Wingmaster as my only hunting gun for 30+ years. I found I didn't grab it as often as I used to when I left the house, and sold it to a friend for his up and coming 14 year old son. I was very happy to see it go to someone who would appreciate it as much as I used to. Then I saw what a...
Back