• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Ghmann

New Member From Texas

Welcome to the forum.
  2. Ghmann

Recoil Pad options for 590?

Here's an old thread that might be helpful. http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/590-retrograde-wood-limbsaver-redemption.19068/
  3. Ghmann

What calibers do you shoot?

You need one more, lol. 300 Black Out.
  4. Ghmann

MAYBE there is just a glimmer of light?

I started stocking up on 12 gauge rounds when I bought my 590A1 in 2015. Haven't bought any since November of 2019 and have only put 170 rounds through the shotgun. So now I have over 1100 rounds of buckshot and 270 rounds of bird shot. Glad I did what I did when I did. Didn't see this...
  5. Ghmann

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

I reaally liked the first 6 or 7 seasons. Now it has turned into a soap opera with a few action scenes thrown in. But I still watch it.
  6. Ghmann

Dummy shells

What model shotgun do you have? It sounds to me like the bolt is not fully going in to battery. The snap caps may be a bit over size or something. I have used several different brands in my 590 with no problems, but I have not tried the Tipton snap caps.
  7. Ghmann

12 GA mini shells

Mine is neither difficult to install nor difficult to remove, but it does fit pretty snugly. I have no worries about it falling out or becoming dislodged.
  8. Ghmann

12 GA mini shells

This Youtube video might give you guys, who may be so inclined, some tips on how to make your own mini shells.
  9. Ghmann

Single sentence philosophy

It's called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Privileges. ---unknown
  10. Ghmann

pictures that make you lol

Ha ha, good one.
  11. Ghmann

Never mind.
  12. Ghmann

I believe it.
  13. Ghmann

MISSING POSTS AND DATA

Same here.
  14. Ghmann

Also looking for a 500 18.5" security barrel

He had shot left over because the wax takes up some space in each shell. Apparently the wax does not permeate into the powder.
  15. Ghmann

Huge Ejection Problem with My Mossberg 590M

So, how did it go? Did you have to send it back to Mossberg?
  16. Ghmann

Dummy shells

I have used these but they do show some wear after a while and cause feeding/ejecting problems in my 590. I guess that's to be expected from any dummy/snap caps...
  17. Ghmann

I suggest doing a little more research before you do this yourself, but here is the basic method. There are several Youtube videos on the subject and they are all just a little different.
  18. Ghmann

There is also a way to convert bird shot shells to sort of a slug.
  19. Ghmann

Hope you already have some slugs. They are rare as hen's teeth these days.
  20. Ghmann

12 GA mini shells

Well, no the Mini Shells don't have the same shot count and velocity as a 2¾" buckshot. The #4 2¾" shells have a velocity of around 1325 fps and usually around 27 pellets. The Mini shells have a much reduced felt recoil compared to 2¾" buckshot. Definitely less than a 20 gauge and not much...
Back