• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. G

NEW Mossberg MMR Modern Rifle Hunter Tactical AR15 5.56 .223

Re: NEW Mossberg MMR Modern Rifle Hunter Tactical AR15 5.56 I'm new to the AR market myself, and only know what I've read in this month's G&A about the Mossberg rifle, as it is featured. The author of the article is Dick Metcalf, and regardless of what anyone might think about him or his...
  2. G

Operating in Low-light Conditions

Wow, that thing's hilarious. I would ask if it still actually shoots bullets; but what's the point, once the owner turns on the lights the intruder is blinded for life anyway... provided the owner can actually lift that thing (looks like it'd take a weightlifter to use it).
  3. G

Far from assuming my knowledge of my own home is the end-all to the equation, I was merely pointing out that the familiarity itself SHOULD be one of those advantages that rests in my plus column. However, it's certainly not unheard of that a determined burglar may have also done some homework...
  4. G

Thanks for the insight; that could be some life-saving information for somebody for sure. I'm glad you pointed out what I've always thought was a pretty obvious detriment to using a light either on your gun or in your hand; and that is that it makes your face, which just happens to be right...
  5. G

Groupings, Range Report, Ballistics

It's like the ol' buck and ball stuff that some of the fringe ammo makers used to carry; but it appears that Winchester has done a lot of ballistics homework and come up with a pretty good-grouping round. I just bought several boxes myself, and was pretty surprised at just how inexpensive they...
  6. G

Groupings, Range Report, Ballistics

Looks like somebody just did a pretty good vid illustrating the grouping of Winchester's new PDX1-12 defense ammo. He fires rounds from 15 feet, 30 feet, and 45 feet. The shot at 15 feet groups the slug and three 00 pellets all in the same huge hole. The shot at 30 feet put the slug and all 3 00...
  7. G

Defense Ammo

I also like the Federal 00 with Flight Control; but have recently decided to give the PDX1-12 a chance.
  8. G

What Mossberg Is Best For Home Defense?

Lots of variables to consider on this one. Are you going to be the only potential operator of the gun? If you plan on your wife or girlfriend possibly using it, does she know how, or is she strong/coordinated enough to operate a pump action? In my personal situation, I know my girlfriend can't...
  9. G

New To The Site

Just joined, and thought I'd introduce myself. I live right outside Birmingham, own a 930, and am new to firearm forums altogether. I'm an administrator at a sports site, though, so I know pretty much how it works, and look forward to the discussions and opportunity to learn even more about guns...
Back