• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Stix

CURE FOR FEEDING ISSUES

I am a mechanical engineer by trade, so this problem presented me with an opportunity to analyze what the problem actually is. Since the top cartridges jammed in a different manner than the last, this told me there were two problems with the follower/spring assy. The top cartridges jammed up...
  2. Stix

CURE FOR FEEDING ISSUES

Yes the bolt feels much smoother also.
  3. Stix

CURE FOR FEEDING ISSUES

I was having feeding issues with my .308 ATR. Usually the last shot in the mag but sometimes others. This problem is definitely related to the follower and spring. When I pulled the spring follower out, I noticed that when it is sprung, it leans forward. So I tried bending the spring in may...
  4. Stix

Range Report--Trophy Hunter Combo .308win

Update: Mounted a new scope--Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32 to replace the cheap one supplied with rifle. Also tried some new ammo. I used the Federal Fusion 150 grain. I wanted the higher velocity that the 150 grain has with a tougher bullet construction that will hold together on an elk. Picture shows...
  5. Stix

Range Report--Trophy Hunter Combo .308win

I got a chance to do some lengthy shooting today of the rifle/scope combo bought from Dicks for $320+tax. Wood stock in .308 with a no-name scope on top. After calling Mossberg customer service they informed me that it is a Barska scope. All shots at 100 yards. Sorry no pics. First up...
  6. Stix

Barrel Break-In

What exactly does a barrel break-in procedure expect to accomplish. De-burring maybe? I typically fire a 3 shot group, clean barrel with a dry bore snake ,and not let the barrel overheat on a new or older barrel. Can someone tell me what going thru an exact procedure of breaking in accomplishes?
  7. Stix

New Rifle / New Member from Colorado

Stix here from Colorado. Avid traditional archer. Love my longbow and recurve. Hunt with them too. Just today purchased the Trophy Hunter combo from Dicks in .308 Win. I like the feel of it. It shoulders well. I'm hoping it does big things for me this hunting season on deer/elk. Life member of...
  8. Stix

Mossberg 100 ATR- New Owners Area...

I am a new member. Just purchase a Trophy hunter Combo in .308 today at Dick's. I have a few questions. Which of the following factory loading do you folks with the same rifle have the best accuracy with? I'm referring to either the remington corelokts 150/180 the winchester power points...
Back