• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. BuffaloDave

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Paint and Refinishing

Re: DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black Thanks Ripsnortr! My baby lives for another decade at least!
  2. BuffaloDave

Re: DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black Thanks DHonovich! I took it out a few weeks ago and shot some High Velocity slugs to make sure it shoots properly....Couldn't be more pleased with the results! Looking forward to deer season here in November.
  3. BuffaloDave

Re: DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black Thanks SHOOTER13!
  4. BuffaloDave

Re: DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black Thanks Brookelynngreen!
  5. BuffaloDave

Re: DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black I reassembled my gun today. Have a peek at the final pics in the album on my facebook page. Comments are always welcomed! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.336484056404100.100569.100001275266166&type=3&l=86c997fbb4
  6. BuffaloDave

Re: DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black Well, with the great warm weather we enjoyed this past week in Buffalo (80's) I decided it was perfect for spraying the DuraCoat. I posted more pics in the photo album on my facebook profile, so have a peek (LINK below). I still have to wait about 4...
  7. BuffaloDave

Re: DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black Me too bsipes30! Wish me luck!
  8. BuffaloDave

DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black This is a photo journal of my refinishing project for my 500A 12-gauge. These pics show the parts already disassembled, degreased, buffed with abrasive pads, then masked and prepped for the final finish. I plan on spraying the DuraCoat this Wednesday...
  9. BuffaloDave

Fiber Optic Sights

Thanks for the tip! I already have a YouTube account, so it should be no problem! Thanks bro! Dave
  10. BuffaloDave

Fiber Optic Sights

Thought came to mind...I know I can post up to 3 pics per message...so how do I create a photo album or post video?
  11. BuffaloDave

Fiber Optic Sights

Thanks guys...I will certainly shoot pics before and after the refinishing...I might even dabble at making a short video of the process...we'll see what time will allow. I'm very attached to this 500A 12-gauge, as I've had it since I can remember, and have taken more deer with her than I could...
  12. BuffaloDave

Fiber Optic Sights

Thanks everyone for the input! I kind of figured it wasn't going to be an easy upgrade. So I think I'll keep the open sights as-is (after all, this season my nephew saw me take a white-tail at 75 yards with a Foster slug, one shot through the lung!) so I think I'll keep it "sporty" and take my...
  13. BuffaloDave

Fiber Optic Sights

Here are a few angles of my open sights. Hope this helps! Thanks...Dave
  14. BuffaloDave

Fiber Optic Sights

I have a 500A .12-gauge slug barrel, 18.5" smooth bore with open rifle sights. Are there any FO sights made for this type barrel/sights?
  15. BuffaloDave

Model 500A 12-gauge BOLT ASSEMBLY repair

To: oli700 --- Yes, I went to their site, and they did not have the part in stock...but I will call them to be sure...thanks for the suggestion! To: OldMan --- I looked at the bolt very closely under a magnifying glass, and there are no cracks in the assembly; just scratches and wear marks. The...
  16. BuffaloDave

Model 500A 12-gauge BOLT ASSEMBLY repair

I have a broken BOLT LOCK PIN which allows the BOLT LOCK to pivot improperly inside the BOLT ASSEMBLY. I'm looking for a new PIN or complete BOLT ASSEMBLY. I've written an email to Mossberg but they haven't responded as yet. I'm looking for alternate sources for parts for my shotgun. I've read...
  17. BuffaloDave

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Being from Buffalo, NY, seemed fitting!
Back