• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. J

Let's talk bayonets...

Thank you Rossignol! That was exactly what I was hoping for, Good find! Thank-you, J.D.
  2. J

Let's talk bayonets...

I noticed that with the M9 bayonets, there were differences between the manufacturers who had the contracts, i.e. Phobris, Buck Knives, LanCay, and Ontario. Is this also true with the M7 bayonets? I researched and it says that they were manufactured all over the world - United States, Canada...
  3. J

1911: Pics and Discussion

Lazy Eyed Sniper- You are exactly right and expressed it so much better than I could! Those "warm fuzzy feelings" as we think about our family and their love, mean so much!! They make an inanimate object such as a firearm or pocket knife, priceless to us no matter what new things come to...
  4. J

Lazy Eyed Sniper - Thank-you so much for the kind words! Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder, and for quite awhile this particular firearm has been the prize for me personally. For the last three years, I have always borrowed my best friends Les Baer Thunder Ranch when we go to the...
  5. J

For quite some time, I have wanted a Les Baer 1911. My wonderful wife allowed me for my birthday last month to order one. I chose the Ultimate Tactical Carry with the 1.5" guarantee at 50 yards and two piece fitted Magwell. I also asked that they leave off the front cocking serrations. I...
  6. J

PSA from Hogue Inc.

Will this effect even the new 590A1's?
  7. J

Listing for a 590A1

Sn3aKyGuY, I think you are exactly right. Being that he is a first time seller, he will need to be contacted to make sure he understands exactly what is involved in shipping and all. I doubt the wife relents to my begging, but hopefully it will be a good deal for someone on here. J.D.
  8. J

Listing for a 590A1

Some listings just seem to good to be true!! For that price with the Eberlestock scabbard, ammo, and all the aftermarket stuff along with a 590A1 only shot 10 times, I honestly wonder what the catch is? If it is legit, it would make a nice deal for someone on here looking for another Mossberg...
  9. J

Listing for a 590A1

I saw this listing on GunBroker and was wondering if this is anyone here? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =276425736 I ask, because the seller has no feedback and was wondering if I could believe it? If it is legit, it looks like a steal especially if it is only won for $350. J.D.
  10. J

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Re: Spring in magazine tube.... and HD status? Thank-you both very much for the responses. Nitesite, if I understand your post correctly, you are saying that it is actually "BETTER" to keep it loaded because the spring is compressed? I have no knowledge of spring wear and that was very...
  11. J

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Spring in magazine tube.... and HD status? These may be absolutely ridiculous questions, but I tend to worry about ridiculous things - so if you all wouldn't mind setting my heart at ease... Over time is there any reason to worry if I keep my magazine tube fully loaded? Will the spring...
  12. J

new 590A1 ammo question.

Absolutely Brad, there are tons of great contributors on the ammunition pages and I meant no slight to any of them at all (You all reading this - please forgive). I just really enjoyed the videos that you personally posted showing what patterns the different ammunition registered at different...
  13. J

new 590A1 ammo question.

I have been reading on this same subject over under the AMMUNITION topic on this website. The poster titled Rossignol (Brad) has some really great videos and suggestions on there. What I have put together as a list so far from their suggestions is the following: FEDERAL PREMIUM AMMUNITION LOW...
  14. J

New member from Kansas.

Hello Erik - I recently joined and am from Kansas also. From what I have observed, these guys really know their stuff and are very accommodating with helping others on this site. Welcome to the forum, J.D.
  15. J

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: new 590A1... problem with bolt/elevator? Ok, thank-you Brad. Mine seems to be as you described. Just was concerned because it hangs below the receiver like the picture shows. My OCD keeps me worried about everything I guess. Thank-you, J.D.
  16. J

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: new 590A1... problem with bolt/elevator? So is the elevator supposed to sit flush up in the receiver when the slide is cycled backward? I ask because my elevator seems to hang down past the receiver exactly as is shown in the top picture above. It also seems very loose in this position. Is...
  17. J

Sling Attachment Points (SAP's)

Re: Forward Sling Mount Below the Bayonet Lug You are very talented Brad (is it?). I showed that pic of the sling to a couple of friends and they all said that it was really great work! You stated that you are not making anymore "right now", so I am holding out hope that it may be available...
  18. J

Re: Forward Sling Mount Below the Bayonet Lug Thank-you very much. I will continue to search to find out the information. You sir (Rossignol), have a sling pictured in the thread "Whole lot of naked 590's" that I really like a lot. It is a leather sling that looks really well made and...
  19. J

Re: Forward Sling Mount Below the Bayonet Lug I really appreciate all your answers, but must confess that some of them are a bit "over" my head. Is there a thread on this site that shows these different mounting points and types of slings with possibly a review of the pros and cons of each? If...
  20. J

Re: Forward Sling Mount Below the Bayonet Lug Awesome! Thank-you very much. J.D.
Back