• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. RickN

Stevens Model 94 M trigger guard repair

Nice job, John! Glad to see you found a way to save it. The sentimental value of that piece is worth more than anything else to you, I'm sure. My Savage was a sentimental purchase in that my parents had one similar to mine. I didn't get theirs, but often thought of that gun and the one time my...
  2. RickN

Plastic Trigger Guards Stink

Thanks all for the comments. I seem to keep finding older guns that lure me in. The Savage O/U is from about '73, the Remington 1100 is from July '67, the New Haven is '68 or earlier if the data I found on-line is correct, similar for the Mossberg 640 KS. Only the Magtech was bought new, and...
  3. RickN

I didn't buy this gun new; it was made around 1973. The trouble with the plastic is that it doesn't hold up well over that span of more than 35 years. Plastic can dry out and become brittle, breaking with just normal handling. That's what happened to this one. It broke right at the mounting...
  4. RickN

Sorry, mine's broken, too. That's what got me motivated to make a replacement. I tried Numrich and another outfit. Bought one and returned it because it didn't fit the Model 24V. Good luck.
  5. RickN

How many of us have long guns with plastic trigger guards? How many of us LIKE plastic trigger guards? I don't understand why manufacturers decided plastic was a good idea for anything besides lowering their costs. I have a Savage Model 24V that came with a plastic trigger guard. This is an old...
  6. RickN

New Guy in Virginia

Hi. I found this forum while searching for info about my Mossbergs. Looks like a good place to learn and share. I have a Mossberg 640 KS .22 WMR, a New Haven 600CT (20 gauge) with a true Mossberg 28" barrel, and a Magtech 7022 (copy of the 702 Plinkster, made in Brazil (but not as well!))...
Back