• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. G

Anyone try any of these?

Ouch!!!! $12.50 per box!!!! Though, I guess if I were in bear country that would be an awfully cheap insurance policy.
  2. G

Anyone try any of these?

http://www.dixieslugs.com/ They have a 2 slugs, a 730 grainer and a 870 grainer. Both are moving along pretty quickly in spite of their ponderous weights. In addition, the slugs are hard cast lead and not meant for barrels with chokes. I know most on this forum are more into defensive ammo, but...
  3. G

Sold out across the board???

Isn't that how it always works, you got the money, no one has the gun. However, if you were broke the model you want would flood the market at rock bottom prices until you had money again. I don't know what to tell you other than good luck!
  4. G

best low budget buckshot?

Nah, I am not going to mess with Rio shells, I will just use AA hulls that are cheap, plentiful, and use standard components. My days of messing with things trying to make them work are over. I want simplicity when ever possible these days.
  5. G

Ok, I will have to add that to my list of things to get when I start buying my equipment. I have heard of what can happen when reloading goes bad, one can't be too careful with that stuff.
  6. G

Cheaper Than Dirt has Rio Royal low recoil buck for $93 a case. I wonder how good those hulls are? I guess I should just start collecting AA hulls and not mess with the Rio stuff. This is what I figure it will cost me to get a start in shotshell reloading: Lee Load All II $50 Lee 18 cavity 00...
  7. G

Ripsnortr, this ammo is just for shooting up targets, practice, and the odd possum or raccoon in the trash. For HD duty I am currently using TAP, but need to try the Federal loads everyone raves about. The longest distance I would ever need to shoot in my home is about 7-8 yards.
  8. G

Reloading, why didn't I think of that? I do have the means to cast lead and could buy a .32 caliber gang mould and cast wheel weights quenched in water. The only thing is I don't have a shotshell reloader, but I could pick up a Load All II and give it the old college try. I know they aren't...
  9. G

And by best budget priced buckshot I mean best patterning for the dollar spent. I have a small stash of Winchester silver box buckshot, but it spreads really quickly, which can be good and bad. I have heard many people are having pretty good luck with Rio for the money spent. I have not heard a...
  10. G

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Re: 18.5" 590 mag extension Ah, thank you guys. I figured it was just pressed in, but I didn't want to try it until I had consulted someone in the know. A Million Thanks, Erik
  11. G

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

18.5" 590 mag extension Hey guys, I just picked up my new 590A1 with an 18.5" barrel which I disassembled, cleaned, and lubed. When I took off the cap that retains the barrel I noticed a stop on the end of the magazine tube. If I wanted to add an extension how would I remove the metal cap at...
  12. G

War with Iran

Ah yes, I forgot how politically convenient it would be to have a new war during an election year. I think Israel can easily handle Iran on their own. I am surprised they have not bombed Iran back into the stone age.
  13. G

Most Complimentary Sidearm

I use a Ruger P95 as a compliment to my shotguns. It ain't fancy, but it goes bang every single time and is minute of bad guy accurate.
  14. G

War with Iran

Thanks Rossignol, That was just what I was looking for. Now the question I want answered is why, even if this is just speculation, isn't our media covering this? One would think that something as significant as this would at the very least merit a 1-2 minute snippet on the nightly news.
  15. G

War with Iran

Considering that my sons school sells produce raised by the kids to afford school necessities I would say that we cannot afford another war. So much for my tax dollar at work. I would like to read where you read that they are building ICBMs, not that I doubt it, but when I tell other people...
  16. G

War with Iran

Do you guys think it is likely? What kind of war will it be if it happens? Personally, I think it is quite likely will will be fighting there. If it does happen I hope things don't get crazy. I say crazy because as I understand it China and Russia are enjoying Iranian oil; if we go in and...
  17. G

***NDAA ALERT*** This is no joke...

No one will be concerned until their loved ones come up inexplicably missing or until doors start getting kicked in at 2 AM. This poem is all to close to where we are going. "When the Nazis came for the communists, I remained silent; I was not a communist. When they locked up the social...
  18. G

Guilty Pleasures?

Copenhagen and Laphroaig 10 Year Scotch Whisky or Black Bottle Scotch if I am saving money.
  19. G

What's your favorite coffee?

I like cowboy coffee brewed over a campfire. Maybe it is being outdoors, but just about any coffee done up this way tastes good to me. That said, I am lucky to have a relative who works in Hawai'i and sends me Kona often. That stuff is tasty!!!.
  20. G

SURVIVAL KNIVES

I am a fan of this knife, a Becker BK-2. Everything I like in a good knife; carbon steel blade, thick spine, tough point, holds an edge for a long time. This is not my photo, but my knife is just like it.
Back