• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

Very happy for you Mogul Rider. Enjoy that trouble-free rifle:thumbsup:
  2. S

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Troubleshooting

I would have liked to post a pic to conclude this Saga but it cannot be found. Not by me anyway and I have been at it for an hour. However, there is a happy ending. Slackening the Front Barrel Band Screw ( FBBS) by 1/4 turn, did little to reduce the vertical dispersion, resulting in a 1" deep...
  3. S

After the barrel cooled for the umpteenth time the target above was shot at an aiming mark half the size of the previous three. In addition, the RBBS was loosened 1/2 turn for a 13/4" group. I forgot to number the shots but they begin at 10 or 11 o'clock above the 1" centre ring and climb...
  4. S

I forgot to mention the group formed by Nos. 5,6 and 7. I had given up after #4 and allowed the barrel to cool. The vertical spread of 5,6 and 7 is obviously excellent and that gave me the heart to perform the McPherson method in full, on my rifle. This target was fired 2/1/2020. Nos. 1,2 and 3...
  5. S

Hallelujah!!! It worked:perfect::thumbsup: I'm going to break for lunch:lol:
  6. S

This target was shot late last year. Shots 1,2,3 and 4 show the extent of the vertical stringing of about 63/8", which is pretty standard. Shots 5,6 and 7 were fired with the rifle rest under the action instead of under the fore end.
  7. S

Further to the above. A complete job was performed on the rifle and it was the most difficult thing that I have ever done in 50 years of shooting. Suffice it to say that in spite of the learning curve and a couple of mistakes, test firing was a success. The final group at 50 yards was about 1/4...
  8. S

The subject of vertical stringing is well known to me, unlike the solution. In the past, attempted solutions have included 1) loosening barrel band screws, first the rear, then the front, then both together 2) loosening the magazine cap screw 3) completely floating the barrel channel in the fore...
  9. S

Mossberg Owners Forum Troubleshooting...

Fwiw, me email notifications are arriving, ok, way down here in Oz:thanks:
  10. S

Oddball Savage model 887

Good story CadmannQ:thumbsup:
  11. S

I had failure to feed problems with every kind of ammo. Is that what is happening with yours? The plastic magazine follower needed polishing and the tube had to be cleaned. Worked well after that but be careful with the follower. Being plastic, it isn't all that robust. Metal followers are...
  12. S

Magazine Plug Screw

Yes Bobster, it is the original screw and you are right, I might just have to buy a replacement.
  13. S

Magazine Plug Screw

Would someone please tell me the correct description for the magazine plug screw, part No. 44? Mine is too short to enter the blind hole in the underside of the barrel and the whole tube is sliding forward during firing, resulting in vertical stringing. As near as I can measure the thread...
  14. S

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Sights

Speaking of lenses, my sunnies have a prescription for distance which is a big help. I did have to make the fore sight 5/32" wide, however:eek: The peep will always be a blur no matter where you position it on your rifle. That is why you look through them, keeping the foresight in the middle of...
  15. S

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Sights

Hi lonestarjeff, That was a very good pic of your fore sight in #66. Your eyes must be very good to see that............well, a lot better than mine anyway;)
  16. S

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

Good for you, Steve:)
  17. S

Heat and Accuracy??

Hi hombre, mine would string vertically. Does yours do that too?
  18. S

SideFumbling, re #112. The trigger pin in mine is "splined" at one end. It could not be removed by hammering. Hope you have better luck. Maybe fore warned is fore armed?
  19. S

Heat and Accuracy??

Any sort of scope would be better than my eyesight:( but my sunnies have a distance correction now and the multiple fore sights I used to see, are now only one. Have not tried them out yet. So many rifles, so much shooting to do................;):rolleyes:
Back