• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

Westernfield 20 gauge bolt action

Got my new mag from Havlin. Works great now.
  2. D

Ordered a new mag from Havlin Sales. Should be here tomorrow.
  3. D

Took it out an tested it 3 weeks ago. Fed the shells in one at a time. Worked fine. Took it out turkey hunting last week and shot a jake with it. Went to load another shell from the mag and it does not line up with the chamber. Seems to be to high. Any in put would be great. I have another...
  4. D

The being sold by Montgomery wards I knew as I bought one just like it in 1970 when I turned 18. $50 plus tax. Sold it when WI required steel shot. Had a full fixed choke. This one has the Mossberg type safety selector used by Mossberg. Mainly I want info on bolt diassembly.
  5. D

I bought a Westernfield 20 gauge bolt action shotgun today. In nice shape just needed cleaning. Where can I find info on age and bolt disassembly. I looked on youtube for bolt info.
  6. D

Comb riser

I want to mount a reddot on my Mossberg 500 20 gauge. Any recommendations on a home made or purchased riser. Thank you in advance.
  7. D

20 gauge barrels

Had someone wanted to buy a barrel I had. He had a older model with single bar.
  8. D

New 88, first impressions.

The reach to the fore end reach was my problem with shotguns. I went with the youth model which has a shorter reach. The stock has the extension that brings it out to 13" lop. fits perfect.
  9. D

Maverick 20 gauge

Went to a local gunshow yesterday. Found a 24" smoothbore Slugster barrel. Hope to get out and test it this week. We have a 4 day antlerless next weekend. Would be nice for some of the wooded area we hunt.
  10. D

Choke for steel shot

Tested some 3" #2 steel through my mod choke. Threw a pattern that I can live with for turkey hunting on public land.
  11. D

What calibers do you shoot?

22 mag, 9mm, 38 special, 20 gauge and 7mm-08
  12. D

Maverick 20 gauge

I have the set sold by Mossberg on mine. Do what I want them to do. Better than bead sights.
  13. D

Maverick 20 gauge

How do you like the Firesights. I have the Mossberg vent rib fiber optic sights right now.
  14. D

Maverick 20 gauge

Our fall in WI is interrupted by the 9 day deer gun season. During the muzzle loader and antlerless hunts you need orange. May get some turkey hunting in late in Dec.
  15. D

Maverick 20 gauge

No luck with the turkeys. Took it out to the range before deer season with some Federal Truball slugs. Thought maybe I would use it deer hunting. I suck with open sights. Decided that the Mossberg Patriot in 7mm-08 would be my choice. Turkey opens up after deer season. It should be good for...
  16. D

Patriot in 7mm-08

2017 season complete. Set myself up with 3 different brands of ammo. Federal Fusion, Winchester and Hornady Whitetail. At 75 yds the Hornady was shooting a 2" group 1" high. Decided to leave well enough alone. Dropped a 7 point at 100yds last Sun. Dead on double lung. Spent the rest of the week...
  17. D

Maverick 20 gauge

I was at Dicks Sporting Goods and found a Maverick 20 gauge youth model for $190.00. Had the short reach for the fore end and 22" barrel. Plan on it being a turkey gun. Took it out this afternoon with some turkey loads. Slightly more recoil than my wood Mossberg 20. Put a modified tube in it and...
  18. D

Rib width

Thank you
  19. D

Rib width

What is the rib width on the 835? I found a Truglo snapon sight set on E Bay for a 835 and want to know if it will fit my 500. Thanks in advance.
  20. D

Choke for steel shot

Max for steel is #2 shot. I am putting the mod. choke in my pocket along with 5 steel loads. If I cross over I will have to leave my leads loads behind. I read up on it and it seems a mod choke shoots like a full with steel shot.
Back