• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. B

Just purchased first shotgun - 590A1

Cool thanks. The Specter Gear 2 point tactical sling looks good but I'm guessing the front sling plate cannot be mounted for left handed use because of that spring loaded metal thing that "clicks" with the bevels of the magazine tube cap when you screw it down. I kinda had something more like...
  2. B

They don't allow you to use your own shotgun ammo even if you bring in the same kind as theirs. They told me it's because shotguns do too much damage to their backstop so it's only cost efficient for them if they sell you their ammo. BTW can any of you guys recommend a basic sling setup that...
  3. B

Thanks for the posts guys. Rossignol, I look forward to checking out your vid testing these out. I called up a few local ranges around here and none of them allow you to shoot your own shotgun ammo. Steeler, yeah I used that vid and one other one to help me figure out how to disassemble and...
  4. B

So I just got back from a ammo sale hosted by a shooting range that apparently buys direct from Winchester. I picked up a 250rd case of RA1200's for $139.99 + tax. Pretty pleased especially since it seems to be even cheaper than on sgammo.com Can't wait to try this stuff out...
  5. B

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa Here's my new (to me) 590A1 with an Aimpro/Hogue 13" LOP stock: Nothing special but I'm still deciding whether I want to get the Choate +2 extension because that will probably determine what kind of sling mount I would need to get...
  6. B

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: Installing Hogue stock on 590A1 Thanks!!! You were absolutely right. I just got the stock installed and the gun feels perfect now not to mention I don't have to press my cheek against the speedfeed slot anymore. I'm glad I didn't go with the 12" one. I am pleased.
  7. B

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

Installing Hogue stock on 590A1 So my Aimpro/Hogue 13" LOP stock arrived today for my recently purchased 590A1 and I noticed that the recoil pad had no screw holes. I remember watching a video a while back on how to install a Hogue 12 LOP stock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnq3pyLbz9E Am...
  8. B

Sweet...I guess I go pick some up if they still have any in stock. It's a chain place but only local to socal area. It's Turners Outdoorsman. Customer service there is hit or miss. I tried calling them to see if they had any in stock but as usual was put on hold forever and I eventually hung up...
  9. B

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I got back to this thread a little too late and a while back decided to go at it lightly with the 0000 steel wool and oil again. Aaaaaaaand I pretty much caused exactly what roadrash warned lol. I now have a slight shiney spot on my barrel and the rust is...
  10. B

Hey guys I recently noticed that the barrel has light rust spots on a couple places right above the foregrip. It appears to be light and superficial but well embedded. Interestingly enough it kind of resembles part of a fingerprint. I tried using a nylon brush with some CLP and then Hoppes 9 as...
  11. B

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Re: 18.5" 590 mag extension I was wondering the exact same thing just a few days ago and I found out that the metal retainer thing you are speaking of is removable. In fact most people opt to remove it and just throw it away because it is not needed. Getting rid of it also allows you remove...
  12. B

Birchwood Casey Super Black touch-up pen?

Well I went to the store yesterday and decided to pick one up and try it out. The paint isn't really completely black but more like a dark parkerized grey color. So far it seems to stay on okay-ish on flat surfaces but on edges it just rubs off like nothing. My sharpie pen seems to do a slightly...
  13. B

Birchwood Casey Super Black touch-up pen?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using these touch up pens to color in scratches and etc. on a M500 series anodized receiver? Does it work reasonably well? I'm looking at order the super black flat pen. -Brandon
  14. B

Thanks everyone for your replies and welcomes! I am looking forward to my stay here. Y'all have been really helpful so far :D
  15. B

^^ Thanks so much for the reply. It is really helpful. A 13 LOP Hogue sounds perfect, I'm gonna have to get in touch with Aimpro and try to get one. About the lubing, I just have this OCD about causing excessive wear due to inadequate lube. I was really comfortable with my first gun (a 1911)...
  16. B

Hey all, first post here. My name is Brandon and I recently just took home my first shotgun per CA's mandatory 10 day wait. I purchased it used off a private seller and it seems to be in pretty good condition less some wear marks here and there. It's the 18.5" 590A1 with the Speedfeed stock...
Back