• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Dirks Diglet

Ghost Ring Install Options?

Thanks for the replies, gang. I've been looking at past models, trying to find something with ghost rings and a cylinder bore barrel. Model 51517 seemed like a great gun. 5+1. Couldn't find any on Gun Broker, though. Reason I'm not fan of chokes is the sets I've had on my 1100s, including an...
  2. Dirks Diglet

Ghost Ring Install Options?

Guys looking at getting a bead sighted 7-shot 590A1 soon. Mossberg offers these guns with ghost ring sights, but they are threaded for chokes. I despise chokes and see them as useless on a defensive shotgun. So to avoid having a threaded choke barrel but also since I want ghost rings of some...
  3. Dirks Diglet

New 590A1s w/ Chokes... Stupid?

Gang if you look on Mossberg's website the new 7-shot 590A1s come threaded for chokes, with a cylinder bore Accu-Choke installed from the factory. Unknown if any others are included with new guns. What are your thoughts on this? Seems kind of pointless on a short barreled tactical shotgun...
  4. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Got my Shockwave: LOVE it!! :D Also got the OPSol adapter and some Aguila mini buckshot rounds: Overall I think this gun is awesome and a good defense tool as Clint Smith shows! It is not a replacement for a full sized riot gun with a stock, but it is more of a special use close combat...
  5. Dirks Diglet

How long did you wait for a 590 Shockwave?

I placed my order on 21 Jan and it shipped last Wednesday, got to my dealers this Monday. The total wait was about 2 months and almost two weeks. I called buds a few weeks back just asking them the status on filling the orders and they said they had over 1000 pre orders and had only received a...
  6. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Awesome, Bobster. Looking good.
  7. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Anyone get theres yet? This is getting ridiculous. Mossberg needs to stop screwing around and get these things shipped ASAP. There is virtually no R&D with this design. The pistol grip is already in series production and the forend is already in production and the barrel is just shorter. No...
  8. Dirks Diglet

Wood stock for my 590a1

I like it but that rubber buttpad looks out of place. I'd prefer a hard plastic plate, recoil reduction be dammed.
  9. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? When will they ship?
  10. Dirks Diglet

Ordered the 590, but think I should have bought the 590A1

OP you absolutely did NOT make a mistake. I personally think you made the right choice. The heavy wall barrel on the 590A1 makes no sense unless you live on a warship or get out of armored personnel carriers all the time. That's what it was designed for. It also increases shooting fatigue...
  11. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

When not in doubt, stamp it, bruh.
  12. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Bro. I'm stoked. Hope they start shipping soon, I have my place in line.
  13. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Do you fellas think this will be a hot seller for Mossberg? Seems to me like word is getting around, lots of pre-orders.
  14. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Awesome, Sparkey. I think we'll be okay. I'm probably going to take mine over to my buddy's place in Abilene to shoot, I probably won't bother bringing it to most public ranges since I'm sure the probably won't like a pistol grip shotgun.
  15. Dirks Diglet

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Sparkey, this is NOT a shotgun. Not according to the law. It's a firearm. Therefore it needs to be 26" in length but the barrel length does not matter. Shotgun rules just simply do not apply to this firearm, not on the Federal level anyway. The "raptor" birdshead grip has been reported by many...
Back