• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Kamen Rider

forend with shorter reach available?

Didn't realize so much happened again since the last time I was here. Seems like I missed something. Didn't mean to cause any drama. Overall, I have a comfortable cheek mount. My head is nearly vertical. The fiber optic dot is at a natural height and I don't need to adjust my head to see it...
  2. Kamen Rider

Sorry I didn't realize there were more comments after my last one. I will try the hand stop first I think. I am waiting for a sale. If that doesn't help, then maybe I will try the vertical or angled grip. Thanks. I have those other grips lying around but I would need to buy a rail section...
  3. Kamen Rider

Thanks. Normally I do stand with my left foot in front. My body is turned. That stance is relatively comfortable and I have enough reach with my left arm. Slugs seem to beat me up in that stance though. I thought the whole idea of the square stance is that the feet are parallel from each...
  4. Kamen Rider

No that isn't me. It is a picture I found on the internet. That is basically the stance I am using though. I thought about it but I don't find vertical grips too comfortable.
  5. Kamen Rider

This image is how my stance ends up being. Slight bend in my left arm, but basically straight.
  6. Kamen Rider

Thanks. Yes, I am using the shortest LOP. I removed all the spacers and it is about 12 1/4". I thought about the hand stop. Even if I try and grab the rearmost part of the forend, my left arm is almost fully extended in the squared stance (By looking at pictures, I guess that is the way it...
  7. Kamen Rider

No, this is the older version which uses the MOE accessories. They do sell an adapter for $10. It looks like even with the adapter, the MLok accessories still attach MOE style instead of the quick on-off style of the MLok.
  8. Kamen Rider

Thank you MikeD. I really appreciate what you said. As I said, this is my first shotgun and I am still trying to learn. I fired quite a few weapons while in the Army, but a shotgun wasn't one of them. I am just trying out different things to see what works for me and the squared stance...
  9. Kamen Rider

I was thinking even with the action open, it would allow me better reach when the action is closed. IDK. I was experimenting with the different stances. I saw some videos about how a square stance might be better in a home defense situation or comfort. Apart from my left arm being...
  10. Kamen Rider

It is around 12" now. If I try to stand square, then my arm is too short. Here is a pic of my shotgun. Very plain. I removed all the spacers in the buttstock. I was thinking about it. We just have trap and skeet here. There is an introductory shooting event next month. I think I will...
  11. Kamen Rider

Thanks for the response. I guess it is something I just need to get used to then. I have removed all the spacers from the buttstock. LOP is about 12 1/4". I would like to stand square with the stock on my right chest, but the rifle is too far away with that stance and my left arm is almost...
  12. Kamen Rider

Hello, sorry if this has been previously answered. I did a search but I couldn't find an answer. I have a Mossberg 500 Magpul series. It came stock with the Magpul furniture. I find the forend too far a reach for me to be comfortable. My left arm is too straight. I already have the...
Back