• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Re: 930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question kevosurfz - thanks. I haven't pulled the big chamber spring yet… it looks like it might be a real bear to put back in (probably have to use a bolt/large washers to crank it down and compress while spinning the nut). That seal at the bottom of the...
  2. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Reviews...

Re: Had my first 3Gun outing w/ my ported 930spx Nice looking porting but that only leaves you a few inches of barrel to build pressure for the piston - going to be extremely tough to get enough oomph with the low powered rounds (especially if you let the gun float at all in your hands/not firm...
  3. S

Parts fell out while cleaning

Use a punch and tap it - they will come out... to keep it from marring the surface should you slip put a thin piece of leather or tough fabric between the pin/punch. Mine were tough as well the first few times… you might want to reach in there and re-cock the hammer to take some pressure off...
  4. S

First experience - new 930 SPX

Great Review! Keep shooting it and if you polish up the chamber (and if you are ambitions the gas piston sleeve) I think you will really like the results on those low power loads!
  5. S

Please advise

Agree with raven that it is most likely the tube/spring. How many shells are loaded into the tube when you have this problem? I had this issue when only 1 or 2 shells were in the tube - it was a weak Mossberg spring. It became very apparent in my case when I left it loaded for a few weeks...
  6. S

Re: 930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question As a follow-up I fired a couple more boxes and then took some measurements for fun of the low brass/steel shotshells (after firing). The purpose was to see how much “swelling” the brass/steel head experience after firing/extracting and if there was...
  7. S

My new 930 SPX

Very glad to hear things are working well for you with the new purchase! It is a fun shotgun to shoot :) Next time you are at the range, fire a couple rounds of the low recoil & birdshot with a limp wristing to see how your shotgun cycles. You can try holding the forearm like I did or just...
  8. S

Re: 930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question BenSamp – thanks! I am honored :) You are right about this forum and I have been reading through the posts – lots of excellent information and people here! Ride – so you have both the 18” and a 24” barrel - this is fortunate! Next time you are...
  9. S

Re: 930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question BenSamp – glad the polishing went well! I was having that grooving/binding issue as well on the tube and made the aluminum insert (dia =0.993”) shown in the picture to slide in the gas block (with the gas piston out). I would use it to slightly...
  10. S

Re: 930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question dermel with a felt polishing wheel (1"dia) and Flitz paste: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/578206 ... 76-oz-tube Ran the dremel full out and worked it pretty hard.
  11. S

Re: 930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question I went ahead and polished up the inner surface of the gas block and it came out good – piston slides smoothly but there is still a little resistance when it’s all assembled. With the gas spring seal aligned, the barrel slide right on - so the...
  12. S

Can you post some pictures of your mag tube wear?

I am seeing some on my tube and I suspect it is due to 2 things going on: 1) Scoring when taking the barrel on and off due to misalignment of the forward gas seal clamped in behind the big gas spring (red/blue) in the gas block. I know I put a few good marks on mine putting it on and off when...
  13. S

Gas piston seal question 930 spx blackwater

Thanks - appreciate the information! Glad to know I am not missing something :)
  14. S

Re: 930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question Not a gunsmith, just a mechanical/aero engineer that works hands-on with a lot of hardware for my day job. I always enjoy working on the new firearms I pick up and try to remedy all the little nagging issues. I knew the 930 had some issues based on...
  15. S

930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question Just got a 930 SPX Blackwater edition – really like the shotgun but like many during my first time out with it the low power Federal shot shells would occasionally stove pipe/half eject. Then on round 75 or so one stuck tight in the chamber and the joy...
  16. S

Gas piston seal question 930 spx blackwater

Just got a 930 SPX Blackwater edition had it apart to clean since it is having issues with low power loads that I am trying to remedy. However, I also noticed it has only the outer ring on the gas piston. Is this normal or is it also supposes to have the inner seal I have read about people...
Back