• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. T

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Mossberg 500 extraction problem Well I didn't seem to have a problem yesterday. Put 20 loads through it and it never miss pulled. I'm leaving it dirty and will try again on Friday and see how she holds up.
  2. T

Loaning a gun

If you can't trust your good friends or family why do you speak to them? All of my guns are open to my friends and family. Some friends no way in hell I know how they treat stuff when they borrow it. But otherwise yes absolutely. I've lent them to co workers and vice versa. T.C.
  3. T

Teaching children firearm safety

I was handed a colt commander when I was 3 or 4. I still remember it very vividly today. I still pick up a pistol the same way dad taught me 25 years ago. The thing to remember is that age doesn't matter. I know 6 years old who can't tie their own shoes let alone spell their name, and I know...
  4. T

Re: Mossberg 500 extraction problem Problem is according to Midway USA the part is supposed to look like But only after K850000 and my serial starts with an H.... We'll see what happens. The left extractor looks good from what I can tell Little wear on it. If this doesn't work I'm going...
  5. T

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

I have experience with the mossy one and my finger slips off of it. I like the Brownell version. it's similar to the one on my Western Field model. If I were to use one I'd go Brownell. You can pop it off safety much easier just by looking at the picture.
  6. T

To each his own. I don't ever find the need for any of my guns in my household to be on safety. It is just me however. I just keep my finger off of the trigger. Safety's get in the way if something happens. If I have a gun that needs to have the safety on I unload it. Not to mention my...
  7. T

Safety? What's that for? Isn't that keeping your finger off of the trigger?
  8. T

Re: Mossberg 500 extraction problem Before a little filing: After: I cleaned it up a little bit more after that picture but it sure does look better. I was surprised when I blew up the photo how bad it looked. Can't wait to try it out. T.C.
  9. T

Re: Mossberg 500 extraction problem I'm keeping this one original so I'll just have to fix it. I know it doesn't have much value being an adjustable choke westernfield in really plain clothes but it's my first 12 gauge. I'd like to find a 500 action though and start building up a...
  10. T

Mossberg 500 extraction problem OK so it's really a Westernfield brand but technically the same gun. I have cleaned the bejesus out of it, filed a couple of burs off of the barrel and still I have problems with a few shells extracting. Either the extractors don't grab onto the shell or they...
  11. T

Firearm Photo Gallery

Re: New 500 20GA, Very nice!! Busy boy there. They look great! Your collection looks very very similar to mine. I've got a Mossy 500 12 gauge, remmington 710 270 and a 91/30 nagant. T.C.
Back