• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. W

If you check this forum every couple days, please let me know

I check in everyday. I rarely sign in. My interests are the Patriots and Mavericks. I see lots of Patriots in stores but see so few comments. I have more than 1. Great guns and have always thought the Mavericks are very tough and dependable.
  2. W

New Patriot 30-06.

Great consistency in your set up and shooting. I still shoot some 3 or 5 shot groups. Each year I find myself shooting more groups with 10 or more shots per bull. I do this mainly at my ranges 200 yard range. Seems like the consistency gives me the assurance that all is well. I will add that if...
  3. W

183 restore

Nice work on a fine old gun. Those old Mossberg bolt shotguns are interesting.
  4. W

First blood with 30-06 Patriot

That is great!! Congratulations. Looks like some very healthy and fine meat for the freezer!!
  5. W

New stock or new scope?

I put a Vortex 4x12x44 on my .308 and am really impressed. You may want a bit more power for 400 yards. My range is just 200 yards and my scope is fine for that. Mirage always seems to creep in too on hot days and the barrel starts heating up so often I am at lower power settings anyways. I hope...
  6. W

Patriot Predator

I really enjoy the 6.5 Creed. I push no limits with it. I think of it as a modern day 6.5 x 55 concerning my loading. I am a fan of many years of my Swedes. Excellent for me always and the Creedmoor was my choice for a sporter.
  7. W

New Patriot

I will add a bit of interesting info concerning loading for the Patriot .308. The bullet I used in my rifle was the Speer 150 gr. Hot-Cor. At 200 yards it was very accurate.It is an economical bullet that I had on hand. I usually use it in Milsurps. It performed so well that I will order more...
  8. W

Patriot Predator

I noticed you quoted my second Patriot purchase. Update time. It seems a .308 recently followed me home and brought a Vortex 4x12x44 with it. I mentioned it in a newer Thread I began. The new .308 is one of those that already I have total confidence in its being reliably accurate. Thanks for...
  9. W

New Patriot

Recently I got a. 308 with synthetic stock. I mounted a Vortex 4x12x44 scope. Next I loaded 60 rounds full length sized loads. I used the same middle of the road loading that is very reliable in 3 other .308s that I load for. My first trip to the range with the new Patriot was very impressive...
  10. W

Patriot Predator

Well it's been a while since I last posted on the 6.5 Predator. It shoots great. I have put less than 200 rounds through it so far. I reload with Reloader17 and Hornady 129 gr. Bullets. The loading is both economical and accurite. I am not pushing maximum at all. Been there done that as an early...
  11. W

Patriot Banshee 25-06

Very nice looking rifle in a great caliber. Nice groups and that Sierra should do awesome work on critters too. Like the Gameking line.
  12. W

Patriot Predator

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I actually had gone in the store to buy my first compound bow and the bow counter was busy. I saw the Predator 6.5 and made the jump immediately. I still haven't shot it...I later bought the crossbow and been dialing it in. Incredible accuracy in the...
  13. W

Patriot Predator

I just purchased my second Patriot. It is a Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. I added a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9x40 scope. I have the scope on but not tightened down or bore sighted yet. I honestly just stumbled across it in a local gun shop and it ended up in my car for the trip home!! When the Patriot...
Back