• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. A

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Thanks to this awesome forum, I found the answer to my question above in a post titled "Mossberg 500 Armorer's Course" - search for that string here or you can find it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYR103iBnQ Great stuff! OB
  2. A

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Hi folks, just performed my first breakdown, cleaning and re-assembly. As I was removing the trigger group, my finger *just* brushed against the trigger. I wasn't sure if I released the trigger but didn't know how to check. Does the trigger assembly look different from the pics when the...
  3. A

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends Here are the pics - the Elzetta mount came today!
  4. A

Re: Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends I will as soon as I get my Elzetta ZSM tactical light mount installed on her! OB
  5. A

Re: How do I tell if my 500 is short action or long action? Well I'm answering my own question. My Persuader 8-shot (50577) came from the fcatory with the 7 3/4" slide tube. I purchased a wrench from Brownell's that allowed me to remove the castle nut from the front of the forend without...
  6. A

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Newbie question re: storage position for action Sweet! Thanks oli700! I thought it was a no-no to dry fire so that's why I was trying to figure it out. I like the dry-fire after the last eject - prolly what's going to be needed since I seem to have a need to push that forend back...
  7. A

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Newbie question re: storage position for action Hi folks, Been practicing cycling the action on my new 500 8-shot with a couple of snap caps. I was wondering - what is the preferred way to leave the action when done shooting - forward (muzzle end) or rearward? I notice that I have a habit of...
  8. A

Shout out to a great dealer!

Just wanted to give a shout out to Nick at Big5 in Lake Forest, CA. He walked me through my new 500 Persuader 8-shot, how it works, how to detach the barrel, types of ammo etc. Best of all - thanks to California's 10-day "cooling off" period, when I went to pick up my Mossy it was now on sale...
  9. A

Re: How do I tell if my 500 is short action or long action? Any way to tell without removing the forend? I just picked up a new 8-shot Persuader and am wondering if I need the spacer for the Hogue forend or not. Thanks, OB
Back