• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. VetPsychWars

Now THIS is an assault weapon!

Finally found a proper light mount that doesn't interfere with the bayonet! Hope you like it. If you want to know, I will look the stuff up. Tom
  2. VetPsychWars

Classes?

Thanks for the reference. Ordered. Tom
  3. VetPsychWars

Classes?

http://www.wifirearms.com/class-information.html Refresher with a different instructor for pistol wouldn't hurt. Tom
  4. VetPsychWars

Classes?

Near as I can tell, the basic class is required/prerequisite. Tom
  5. VetPsychWars

Classes?

I have taken numerous classes for home defense using pistol (I use M1911A1). There is a range "up the street" where they offer a shotgun familiarization class and then a home defense class. Those two classes plus the ammo come to $300ish. I have some better use for that money. I've shot a...
  6. VetPsychWars

Looking for a USGI OD 1-1/4" cotton sling? Here you go!

Note that the sling in the Sportsmans Guide pic is rigged for marksmanship shooting and not for carry. Turn it around for carry. Tom
  7. VetPsychWars

Decided to take the reflex sight off for home defense purposes. Sling is the military M1 sling in black. Still waiting for the light and adapter. Tom
  8. VetPsychWars

R-Handed Shotguns vs L-Handed Shooters

In my case, it was more the distraction from ejection across the face and sometiimes into, depending on what I was shooting. I sold my National Match M1 abd bought a left-hand .308 (Ruger Gunsite Scout). I bought a left-hand shotgun. Now I don't have to see the brass whizzing by. I still shoot...
  9. VetPsychWars

Which model?

I'd pick the one with the bayonet lug. :-) Well, that's what I did. Left-hand receiver, heat shield, bayonet lug. Tom
  10. VetPsychWars

Removed optics...

I removed the $20 reflex sight and 1913 rail from my 590L, reinstalling the receiver plug screws. This leaves the bead sight. Since nearly every "tactical" shotgun going back to WWI has used just a bead sight, I think I'm fine with this. Inside my apartment, 10 yards max, I think the bead is...
  11. VetPsychWars

I haven't shot it yet. There is a range up the street where I hope to take classes and then I will be able to share that information. Tom
  12. VetPsychWars

Just a modern version of a trench gun. :-) Tom
  13. VetPsychWars

New from Wisconsin

Picture and description in this thread! http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/now-this-is-an-assault-weapon.16825/
  14. VetPsychWars

My 590L is now essentially complete! I started with Model 59816, the "590 Left-Handed Heat Shield - 9 Shot": http://www.mossberg.com/product/590-left-handed-heat-shield-9-shot-59816/ I started by moving the sling attachment from the end cap to the bayonet lug. Added a Lan-Cay M9 bayonet with...
  15. VetPsychWars

No, of course not. It's all about the eyes. Tom
  16. VetPsychWars

I need advice: 590A1 Safety is very hard to actuate

Yeah, after I stopped losing the little ball in the carpet, it went much easier. :-D Tom
  17. VetPsychWars

I need advice: 590A1 Safety is very hard to actuate

I did end up changing my safety button today, what a big honkin' pain in the butt! But I made sure to grease the safety block where it passes through the receiver hole. I suspect you have a burr in that hole that a little filework would address. Anyone else chanhing a button? Take the darn...
  18. VetPsychWars

Receiver-mounted shell holders

heh well I did order a bandolier from China that cost four bucks, including shipping... and i think I would rather have spare cartridges on the buttstock. Thanks for the comment. Tom
  19. VetPsychWars

Mossberg now has a half-dozen or so left-handed shotguns, one of which I just bought! I must shoot left-handed because my right eye is crap, and I got sick of ejecting across my face so I sold all my right-hand guns. I think the variety they offer will help you find one you like. Tom...
  20. VetPsychWars

Receiver-mounted shell holders

Possibly, but I would have to mount it on the right side of the receiver, because left-handed gun and ejection port is on the left. It just seems to me that eight rounds for home defense ought to be enough. Tom
Back