• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. RANGE MASTER

New to Mossberg and the Forum

Here is the link to the Thunder Ranch post. http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-mossberg-mvp-thunder-ranch-edition.17043/
  2. RANGE MASTER

My Mossberg MVP Thunder Ranch Edition

Finally, what it did at the range 2 days ago. Had it on sand bags and a bench but I am still very impressed with the grouping, especially in the heaver weight rounds. Finding it likes 150 - 180 grain pills best. This is the same round that vaporizes the milk jug.
  3. RANGE MASTER

My Mossberg MVP Thunder Ranch Edition

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. USMC This is my first Mossberg firearm. It is the MVP Patrol Thunder Ranch Edition in .308. I wanted a modern multi-purpose "Scout Rifle". The "do it all" rifle idea appealed greatly to me; Range, Hunting, & Home Protection. I...
  4. RANGE MASTER

MVP Patrol 308

Yeah, I wanted a modern interpretation of the classic "Scout Rifle" idea. Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch training facility specifically selected this setup for fast rifle deployment in tactical situations which require both short and long range target acquisition as well as the ability to pick up...
  5. RANGE MASTER

I did think of doing the slam-fire in an over under configuration with single or joint firing pins. Mmmmmm 2 3/4" slug and 3" 00 Buck combo shot. Would have had to come up with a different barrel lock mechanism though. That's the fun part.
  6. RANGE MASTER

What is the best way to sight in my patrol?

Let me show you what that scope will do at 100 yards when sighted in correctly my friend. This was yesterday. I sighted mine in initially at 30 yards. When you are zeroed at 25-30 yards the round will hit approximately 6-7 inches higher on the target at 100 yards (depending on round and shooting...
  7. RANGE MASTER

MVP Patrol 308

It is a base line version of the UTG "Bug Buster" scope. 3x9 - 32. I have this optic mounted to my rife but I purchased it separate. I got upgraded sun shade (removable) and high recoil 6 bolt QR scope rings. This scope is made for this rifle in every way.
  8. RANGE MASTER

Rugged Compact Scope

The UTG 3x9 32 Bug-Buster Opic is scary perfect for this rifle. It is actually what Mossberg supplies with their scoped combos. I have the Sun Shade and QR PRO grade 6 bolt high recoil rings on mine. Very compact without the shade installed.
  9. RANGE MASTER

That is the $12.00 VooDoo tactical cheek riser from Cheaper Than Dirt. It did not fit correctly so I had to cut the lower Velcro straps off and use para-cord to cinch it up nice and tight. Good piece of kit for the price. Comes with the riser, seven shell ammo carrier, and weather guard for the...
  10. RANGE MASTER

Ask and you shall receive.
  11. RANGE MASTER

And yes, every time you shoot it you have to yell "MERICA!!!".
  12. RANGE MASTER

Thanks Everyone! I will post some pics of my shooting range this evening. Here is how my targets and supports are built. Each unit costs 14.75 in materials from Lowes, for the price of one steel support from a supplier I can build probably 10 of these things and just replace them in 5 years when...
  13. RANGE MASTER

Hello everyone. I am a 37 year old Engineer, Home Gunsmith, and Certified BSA & NRA Range Master in the Northwest Arkansas area. Other hobbies include custom (sport & cafe) motorcycles, knifes, traditional archery, hiking, photography, and survival. I live on 10 acres in the Ozark Mountains...
Back