• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. L

EOTech integrated forend light

I'm well away from the purchase stage; I'm just checking to see if it will fit. That's an excellent point though; I've never realized that the shadow cast would defeat the purpose of the light anyway. What's a better option for a 500? I don't have a rail system or optic. . . yet.
  2. L

That's why I put this thread here instead of the 500 sub-forum. I thought that the longer tube was standard since the popular Surefire weapon light forends used the same tube. I sent a message to L3's customer service, so I'll post their answer when(if) I get it.
  3. L

Now that you mention it, I think I may have a nut like that, but I'm not sure since the stock Mossberg tactical ribbed end typically requires the longer tube. I think EOTech and Insight are both L-3 companies.
  4. L

Does anyone have experience with this forend? It's pricey but looks rad. . . http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=54492/Product/SHOTGUN-INTEGRATED-FORE-END-LIGHT The listing suggests using the shorter 6 3/4" action slide tube assembly, but I have the longer 7 5/8" tube. Is there any way that it...
  5. L

Metal trigger vs. plastic?

My only direction was upgrading to 590A1 specs, not so much that I have (or will have) a problem with the polymer trigger. I could spend those $ on something else though :mrgreen:
  6. L

I thought the same thing, but I wondered if it's presence on the 590A1 was meant to imply that it is "better".
  7. L

I know the the 590A1 has an aluminum trigger assembly, while my humble 500 has the polymer one. I'm venturing to upgrade my 500 so that it is not so humble, so I was wondering what benefits a metal trigger would afford me (and why.) It seems it would be more durable, but are there those of you...
  8. L

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: OEM Mossberg heatshield installation. . . @ Ripsnortr, What did you use to trim the the plastic spacer cleanly?
  9. L

Re: OEM Mossberg heatshield installation. . . That's good news about the 18.5" barrel! It looks like I'll have about 3" of space before the front sight.
  10. L

Re: OEM Mossberg heatshield installation. . . @ Eric Cartman - What length barrel is that in the pic? I'm wondering b/c I suspect the front sight clearance is much less forgiving on a 18.5" barrel, right? I should have mentioned that I haven't yet had the ghost rings sights installed. I...
  11. L

Re: OEM Mossberg heatshield installation. . . I promise I searched "heatshield", "Mossberg heatshield", and "heatshield ghost ring" among others to no avail. Can you link me to one of those threads? You'd think there's be a YouTube vid for the heatshield install, but alas there is none.
  12. L

OEM Mossberg heatshield installation. . . The heatshield I ordered came as a loose part, so there were no installation directions. I know I have to remove the sight bead first by rotating it CCW, but what's the best tool for that job? Next, I have the long plastic piece with 2 screws attached...
  13. L

I didn't strip the screw, but I see that you mean to tap the screwdriver while I unscrew it, right?
  14. L

Thanks for the advice. I stopped trying when I lost the grip on one screw and could see that a stripping was imminent. Is it common for these screws to be attached super tight? Does the block tapping seat the driver head deeper into the screw?
  15. L

I thought the screwdriver might be too frail, but what else could be used on such tiny screws?
  16. L

So, I think I am stuck paying a mint for the sight installation. However, I though it would be easy to unscrew the the tiny screws in the pre-tapped holes in the top of the receiver. I tried a little screwdriver, but they didn't budge. Is there a trick to removing these?
  17. L

Yikes! The quote was twice your high $. Could it be that the re-blue process costs that much. I can't see spending that much when it's half what my gun cost in the 1st place. . .
  18. L

I figured as much! I know a gunsmith that can do it, but what's a reasonable price for that?
  19. L

I just also have the Mossberg ghost ring sights. I looked at the brief instructions listed inside the top section of cardboard packaging. According to these, I need a gunsmith to install them. Is this necessary for later models (post 1997)...
  20. L

ATI Talon Scorpion Stock and AR15 limbsaver pad?

Now I see what you mean. I was picturing the slip-on ones for a typical buttstock or the precision fit ones that attach with screws. Now I see that this version fits over the M4/AR-15 style stocks. So how did the Limbsaver compare to the Scorpion? I also saw that Mesa Tactical stock setup that...
Back