• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Dr. Marneaus

I may have to jump ship....

Yeah I saw that today, looks like for the most part Rem and Mossberg are running neck and neck with the upgrades to their shotgun lines, and what they are offering on the shockwave/tac-14.
  2. Dr. Marneaus

That all being said, I feel the price of the Tac-14 hardwood is actually pretty well in-line with the other offerings, so, the whole $499 MSRP thing isnt really a concern at this juncture.
  3. Dr. Marneaus

Hmm, closer inspection it doesnt look like a nordic, that being said, about any decent +1 from midwayusa is $45-$55, so unless its a hunk of junk, i'm sure it would cost equally as much to put one on a tac-14 yourself.
  4. Dr. Marneaus

Just an update, I have my dealer pretty much pre-ordering me a tac-14 hard wood as soon as they become available, their distributor lists them, just not in stock yet. My price is $399, so, theres "basically" only about a $25 difference. Again, I'm going to consider that the average easily...
  5. Dr. Marneaus

These are all very valid questions and all the same ones i have asked myself. 1. The remington safety because thats what im used to training with and on a birdshead grip it makes hardly any difference being a lefty, where as when firing a shouldered shotgun, the remington safety location can be...
  6. Dr. Marneaus

This is entirely too true! Unfortunately, I dont have that many spare dollars LOL.
  7. Dr. Marneaus

Well I truly appreciate that! Lol. I still own 4 vintage mossberg .22’s too so I can always hang out in that part of the forum ;-)
  8. Dr. Marneaus

Zero issues with my 870P, which has lots of rounds through it. So thats not really a concern for me. I would much prefer to keep the same manual of arms and dare I say, even parts interchangeability. I've never been a mossberg shotgun guy, I just so happen to own one because the shockwave was...
  9. Dr. Marneaus

I'm just not a huge supporter of paying for what should be legal to begin with :-( Also, a trust would be necessary in my situation as I have a wife that lives with me, and would need to, and does have, access to ALL my firearms, as well as them being able to belong to her when I inevitably die.
  10. Dr. Marneaus

the other point I was getting at with "ask me how much I have in my shockwave" was what I commented on up above. I promise I have more than $500 in mine given it was $400 out the door, making the furniture cost around $40-50, then the heat shield and pretty inner bits were another $65-$75, and...
  11. Dr. Marneaus

If it was as simple as just paying an extra $200 at the time you bought the shotgun, you may have somewhat of a comparable situation. But filing NFA paperwork, especially if you don't already have a trust , or if you own one as an individual with the restrictions of owning it as an individual...
  12. Dr. Marneaus

I'm just using "typical" pricing here but the cheapest I can find are buy it now's on GB for $310, plus $35 shipping, then most people will have to deal with a transfer fee.....so, thats $345+transfer unless you live near the 1 gun shop selling them for $310 The vast majority of prices I'm...
  13. Dr. Marneaus

brand new, out the door?
  14. Dr. Marneaus

I may be slightly out of the loop, but lets say one gets a "good" price on a shockwave, if they order one online for the low prices we see, it'll likely still end up being $350 or more out the door. Then add $150 for a wood furniture set that wont fit and required modification. Now you're at...
  15. Dr. Marneaus

Ask me how much money I have into the shockwave above, and it doesnt have any silly tactical crap on it.
  16. Dr. Marneaus

Maybe I'll part out my shockwave. anybody interested in the "full kit" to take your plane jane shockwave to this beauty?! lol
  17. Dr. Marneaus

Remington is really uppin' their game and kickin' mossbergs butt with the options here. They just released a wood tac-14 that includes an extended mag tube to match capacity. hmmmmm. https://www.remington.com/other-products/model-870-tac-14-hardwood
  18. Dr. Marneaus

All Things Shockwave

Still crazy how many grip options are out there that there is pure speculation about whether adding them creates an AOW. People still give me crap telling me my wooden birds-head grip is illegal because "the letter says you cant change ANYTHING"
  19. Dr. Marneaus

Shockwave in Progress

looks great!!!!
  20. Dr. Marneaus

Shockwave for wife? Home defense

I'll discuss with her this evening. Might just be easiest to get a brace kit for my 12 gauge shockwave and go from there. Could be as simple as that, and then loading it with #4
Back