• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. George Shileikis

Loss of one of my Nephews at 42...

It is with great sadness that I post this. My nephew Steven Shileikis (age 42) passed away on Dec. 1st at the young age of 42 years. He leaves behind his wife Jamie, and two wonderful young men Jayden and James, If you can feel it in your heart to support them I and his family will be very...
  2. George Shileikis

Hello from Sweden

Welcome to the forum from Colorado the once RED state turned blue by liberals.
  3. George Shileikis

Just added some new furniture to my 500

Thank You. I agree, wood just looks more natural and this Mossberg-500 is mainly for Skeet & Trap. Wood just seems to me anyway to fit that setting so much better than the polymer/plastic. Now my Maverick-88 has a different job to fill and all black/blue is exactly how it's dressed.
  4. George Shileikis

Mossberg/Maverick SBS

I won't say a word to the Wife, I know how that goes :giggle: .... But I have to tell you again that is one sweet little, er, compact Maverick-88. Nice job all the way around. :perfect:
  5. George Shileikis

Mossberg/Maverick SBS

And what an amazing 17 days that was! That is one sweet looking piece of hi-tech hardware. Love the lines and overall look, excellent work. What does the "conversion kit" cost? :perfect:
  6. George Shileikis

Just added some new furniture to my 500

After having had my Mossberg 500 Combo for a few years now and getting kind of tired of the original all black plastic I decided to add some new Wood furniture to her. What do ya think? I purchased the wood sections from Numrich online for a small sum of only $42.00 and got some really great...
  7. George Shileikis

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Have not heard the word Klystron in over 24 years. I too was a Radar Tech in the Navy and we used one for one of three transmitters in my Missile Guidance system. That Klystron would generate a little over 150 Megawatts {pulsed} for tracking and we used a Magnetron that only spit out 5...
  8. George Shileikis

How Many Mossberg's Do You Own?

Thanks, I've also looked on eBay but am rather hesitant as a LOT of the better looking pieces do not offer a refund/exchange. Have a good one and I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll call Havlin and see if they've gotten any stock, Pun intended :-)
  9. George Shileikis

How Many Mossberg's Do You Own?

Nice collection, where if I may ask did you pick up the wood furniture as I seriously want to put some on my 500, that poly stuff is OK in the dirt but I love the look of solid wood. Might even get the Mav88 some wood too... Thanks!
  10. George Shileikis

Of course I read the rules and I'm sure Kris did as well, it's just that they were in PLAIN English instead of acronyms like Kris and I are use to reading... Let me break it down for you... "Closed Rate" = Too many of them in the Navy overall and makes it very hard/impossible to advance. You...
  11. George Shileikis

My oldest son was an DC2 when he got out after four years, he was aboard the USS Arthur W. Radford (DD-968). I was a Fire Controlman and spent all my time with Terrier, Harpoon & Tomahawk missile systems and whatever guns systems we had aboard including Phalanx 20mm CIWS. I served aboard the USS...
  12. George Shileikis

I don't have all of the flag icons handy but I know a Bravo Zulu when I get one... Thanks Scoop!
  13. George Shileikis

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I was looking for something online to help me or give some directions in replacing the Forend on a Mossberg 500 and this was one of a couple of sights that popped up on Google. I decided to sign up and look around as I was also in the market for a Maverick 88 with a 24" Rifled barrel. Both...
  14. George Shileikis

Well my screen name should speak for itself but my avatar reflects on my 22 years service in the US Navy and the fact I reached the highest Enlisted Rank (E9 - Master Chief) before finally retiring after we wrapped up Operations in the Persian Gulf during Desert Shield & Desert Storm.
  15. George Shileikis

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

I like the look, have been wanting to do the same thing to my Mossy 500, where did you get the wood if I may be so bold, it looks almost brand new.
  16. George Shileikis

Nice choice to keep the beast fed :)
  17. George Shileikis

Firearm Photo Gallery

Don't get me wrong here, 'cause I like the look... it's just that it reminds me of a Wart Hog (One mean SOB).
  18. George Shileikis

This is my Maverick 88 after a few modifications. She came with the 24" Rifled Barrel which in now on my Mossberg 500 and standard stock. I replaced the barrel with an 18.5" one and dropped a Pistol Grip on her making it easier to maneuver around the house with. I keep her loaded with six rounds...
  19. George Shileikis

Hello from Loveland, Colorado

Thanks for the welcome.... Where about in SoCal are you located? I spent 11 of my 22+ years in the Navy in San Diego and the surrounding area, mainly Spring Valley, El Cajon & Lakeside.
  20. George Shileikis

Hello from Loveland, Colorado

Thanks for the welcome and it was my honor to have "actively" served, we never fully retire and are ready at any time to return if called upon.
Back