• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. DevJames

Mossberg SA-20 Bantam 20ga - 24" Barrel - Suggestions?

The trigger on my SA-20 tactical has smoothed up considerably over a few hundred pulls. I do wish I could get a different piston for it so I can run cheap bulk field shells in it. I guess I could open up the gas ports a little but that's almost defeating the purpose of having a small handy...
  2. DevJames

Rebuilt the tang safety on my 500A for the second time, still slips.

All were brand new OEM. New plate too. I honestly have no idea what the round count is on this gun, I've had it 25 years and it's seen lot.
  3. DevJames

Under recoil it slips down and engages the safety.
  4. DevJames

I haven't done the block yet. I guess that's the next step. Numrich have them?
  5. DevJames

Have we come up with a good solution for the worn out safety issue? This past time, I used a metal extended switch with a longer spring than previously and still no luck. I've had this gun since I was 12 and would really like it to be a dependable shooter again.
  6. DevJames

Compatible ammo for the SA-20

My SA-20 Tactical chokes on Rio #1 Buck as well. Anyone tried the S&B #2 Buck in them yet? It's also a roll crimp like the Rio so I'm not very optomistic but figure I'll order a box next time I buy from SG...
  7. DevJames

Mossberg SA-20 Photo Gallery

Picked it up today. Might try breaking it in this week...
  8. DevJames

Hickok45 finally showcases the Maverick 88

For someone wanting a basic HD or beginner trap and wing shotgun, it's hard not to recommend the Maverick. They're just good guns at a great price.
  9. DevJames

AK trigger too light?

Cheap inconsistent ammo that'll open a group up like nobody's business typically. I need to stop reading AK threads...need another one bad. I might break down and get a WASR. I've got an ALG trigger waiting to go in a rifle... For around 60 bucks, you can't argue. ALG/Geissele make awesome stuff.
  10. DevJames

590 not pumping after a shot.

I always remember AA as being high brass trap loads. Anyway, sounds like you're getting shells stuck in the chamber. Try giving it a polish and switching ammo. Don't be too afraid to gently mortar the gun to get a stuck hull out.
  11. DevJames

New longtime owner.

I tried not to drop them too much in the field. Other than that, no care has really been given other than wiping the whole gun down with silicone clothes every month or two between use. I did get lucky on my 500 though, it got some really pretty grain American walnut. The new stocks just aren't...
  12. DevJames

New longtime owner.

I bet you can get one of Numrich. But if it's not a hunting or HD gun, I suppose it's not much of an issue.
  13. DevJames

Model 500

I bet it comes back. 20ga is gonna be the next big must have. Especially with the influx of female shooters. Not that they can't handle the 12, but it's still not as easy as a 20.
  14. DevJames

New longtime owner.

Rebuild it with a metal button. It's like 15 bucks and a little cussing if you have a damn one way screw.
  15. DevJames

New longtime owner.

Tang safety has always been my favorite part but the only moderate weakness to the guns. It's great for a lefty and so so fast in the field to disengage.
  16. DevJames

New longtime owner.

Yup. Figured you were the same John A.
  17. DevJames

New longtime owner.

I've owned a 500A since I was 12...poor thing has needed the tang safety rebuilt twice and seen a few seasons out in fields. As seen above my little brother's little brother (his is 22 years old to mine's 23) that he recently reclaimed possesion of after I put the security barrel on it. 20ga...
Back