• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

What calibers do you shoot?

I guess this means presently? 22 LR handgun (2) 32 ACP handgun 32 Long handgun 9mm handgun (2) 38 spec handgun 22 LR 22 mag 243 rifle (2) 25-06 6.5x55 6.5x06 308 30-06 16ga pump 16ga SxS 28ga SxS 410 SxS Edit: Add another 28ga SxS and a 20ga SxS
  2. D

Ok, I give up! What is it?

Brown phase black bear. Grizzly has a dished face! That bear is a black.
  3. D

Ladies and Shotguns

Several years ago I went to my 28ga, about all I shoot now. Going to start the girl friend on it too. But unless you reload, I do, it can get pretty expensive with a 28ga. If she wants a shotgun I'd think the way to start is with a 20 and target loads. I used to load 20ga for the ex and...
  4. D

Just curious...I have a question

Be that as it may, I identify as a 28ga! :-)
  5. D

Not a good start for my patriot or my first mossberg customer service experience

Generally speaking, a wipe down with an oiled rag stops surface rust. Bad screw. First time it ever happened? Not that uncommon. Customer service all I can say is when I needed it they were right there for me, no complaint. Gun not shooting well for a non handloader? Well you should have been...
  6. D

Not a good start for my patriot or my first mossberg customer service experience

I ordered a wood stock soon as I got home with mine new. Got it and one screw was to short. Called Mossberg and a new screw was sent out right away. The plastic trigger guard broke where the front guard screw goes in. Called them and a new one was sent right out. The new one broke in the same...
  7. D

.308 Winchester powder question

I don't recall ever firing a match bullet from a 308. I have fooled with 150, 165, 180 and 200gr bullet's though. Settled on the 165gr Hornady interlock for everything many years ago. They were called spire points then. I have used H335, IMR 3031, BLC/2, IMR 4895, W748 and probably a lot other's...
  8. D

Patriot .243 FREEBY !!!!!!

Why not give the extra mag to the guy you traded with?
  9. D

Rifle sling

I've got a couple like those shown above and they do work. But I hands down favorite is a leather military sling, got two of them. With quick detachable swivels, they move to what ever rifle I'm using at the time!
  10. D

Photo hints

Got that in an e-mail this morning, great read. I really get turned off looking at some peoples photo's of dead animals. I'm at a point myself where I won't take a photo of a dead game animal anymore, rather remember them alive. But some of the stuff I see other's post really turns me off bib...
  11. D

6.5 creedmoor 25-06 .243???

I've got a Patriot in 243 and would recommend it in a heart beat. I got it new with one of those unbelievably ugly plastic stock, $299. Got home and called Mossberg and ordered a wood stock right away, I think it was around $145. You can get the Patriot with a scope mounted for under $500. Very...
  12. D

What Is Your Favorite Mossberg?

I looked at the Patriot Revere on Mossberg site and wish I could find one around here for sale. One nice looking rifle!
  13. D

Brand New Rifle w/ bullet feeding issuies

I don't understand how the magazine can stop a round from going into the chamber? Maybe I'm missing something here?
  14. D

Pederson Plant

Is t still going? I saw a Pederson over/under years and was surprised, it was beautiful! How about A Pederson SxS?
  15. D

Have you seen the price of live traps lately?

What a waste. That 2x4 in the last photo would make a super picture frame!
  16. D

Mossberg made the Pederson Over/under. How about a SxS? That O/U was a beautiful gun by any standards!
  17. D

6.5 creedmoor 25-06 .243???

Certainly sound like 243 area to me. Don't have a 6.5 Creedmoor but have the 6.5x55. Also the 243 and the 25-06. I think throwing varmint's in there turned it to a 243. Not that the 6.5 CMor 25-06 wouldn't do the job on them but the 6.5x55 about the same, probably recoils abut like the 243 and...
  18. D

Bedding

I have a 700 ADL that I got as a gift. No way would I buy a rifle with a plastic stock without knowing I could simply take it out and slip it into a wood stock. That plastic stock fit like a pair of jeans three size's to small! I finally got the barrel action out by beating the barrel on the...
  19. D

When I ws younger I loved 500's. But then I went to SxS's. Today my favorite in the Patriot.
Back