• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. P

3" shells won't cycle

Hi J![emoji4] I think I understand. Currently 2 3/4 everything, including target loads operate properly. The 1500+fps, 3" shells I am shooting are cheap Herters shells. The action is smooth (as far as I can tell) and cycles a full magazine completely. I have disassembled and cleaned again but...
  2. P

3" shells won't cycle

Hi M![emoji4] Just thinking about your and Js thots and trying to align my thinking... is it the inconsistency in operation when shooting singles that makes you point to the gas system? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  3. P

3" shells won't cycle

I will clean and retest... Ty J! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  4. P

3" shells won't cycle

I have cleaned. It is installed. But I am frequently found to feel like an idiot when I am so sure about anything... I will clean again, re-perform the tests, and report findings... Ty for the help. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  5. P

3" shells won't cycle

Hi John![emoji4] Was a bit under the weather lately... While ill, I did use 000 and polish my chamber again; used a spent shell as a measuring tool. As discussed, I did go out and shoot 12 singles with mixed results. The 1st, 5th, and 10th stove piped. The 2nd and 4th ejected 1' away; all...
  6. P

3" shells won't cycle

Good thots. I had not approached from the other side ...maybe extraction is taking too long... I will shoot 1 at a time following your thots and report back. I think i will chk chamber polish with my fingernail as well. Ty for the input. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  7. P

3" shells won't cycle

Hi John! :) What brand shells? I have tried: - Herters Waterfowl #1, 1 1/8, 1550fps - Kent FastSteel #2, 1 3/8, 1300fps New gun? I don't know for sure. I paid $300 in an Armslist deal. S# is AF21XXXX... perhaps that can help with the age??? Round count? I have sent at least 400 rounds of...
  8. P

3" shells won't cycle

Hi All! :) I am new to the forum. Apologies if this specific question has been asked... I have read all other 930 troubleshooting posts and while some seem related, none have been specifically same. - I have an issue cycling 3" shells only; smaller shells cycle properly, even target loads - a...
Back