• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. schotzfyred

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

RugRemLin.....still won't get it right....3 heads are not better than one good one.
  2. schotzfyred

Lever Guns

Congrats.....a nice looking rifle!!
  3. schotzfyred

Lever Guns

Here ya go...........http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/model-1886/model-1886-current-products/model-1886-deluxe-rifle-case-hardened.html Happy stuffing !!! Cheers
  4. schotzfyred

Lever Guns

I traded a couple WWII rifles and a few bucks back in 1970 for my 1902 1886 Winchester Extra Light 45-70. I load it with Unique and a 350 gr cast boolit. Low power load and fun to shoot. It will pass to my son, then his son. Look to an older Browning for that 45-70. A good 1886 will cost big...
  5. schotzfyred

Lever Guns

Best of luck with that Marlin. I have a 60's Golden 39A bought new, as most guns back then were some of the best. After mid-60's..not so much. The cut-off for Winchesters was pre-64. I've put sights on with epoxy....still holding.
  6. schotzfyred

Lever Guns

Point taken...
  7. schotzfyred

Lever Guns

If it were me, I'd be on the Marlin Facebook site, posting the pictures of the type of poor workmanship they pass off to paying customers these days.
  8. schotzfyred

Lever Guns

Ouch !! I know what happened !!........... It was built by a "Lefty" ;) There be gremlins in them Remlins.
  9. schotzfyred

Gong Art

But,.....I hit the gong with the 20 ga......more than once too. Those #8's make cute dimples.
  10. schotzfyred

Gong Art

His CZ was "tuned" by Cajun Gun Works. Those guys are good ! I have a CZ 83 .380.....................I can hit the backstop at 50 yds ;)
  11. schotzfyred

Gong Art

Best part of the day...my son hit it 5 of 5 from 50yds with his CZ 9mm pistol.
  12. schotzfyred

Stock up !!

Sorry, just thought I'd make mention....
  13. schotzfyred

Stock up !!

Hope you all are stocking up on ammo.......you know, just in case we have a change in the White House 2020. Ammo dried up quick when [ what's-his-name ] got in and settled for 8 years.
  14. schotzfyred

Gong Art

Yessir, be my guest..........I haven't applied for the patent yet :)
  15. schotzfyred

How Many Mossberg's Do You Own?

If I tell ya......I'd have to shoot ya.:cool:
  16. schotzfyred

Muffs and plugs

I just put an order in Amazon for these: Howard Leight QB2HYG-1 Quiet Band NRR 25 Canada Class, $5.39 and free shipping. I'll try them out with a .22LR first and see how it goes
  17. schotzfyred

Gong Art

Thank you,
  18. schotzfyred

Gong Art

Just thought i'd post this............... 9mm CZ, .22 LR CZ American, .223 T/C Compass, 20Ga Mav 88 8" gong at 50 yds. Fun day at the range with my son..........
  19. schotzfyred

Muffs and plugs

I was out with my new T/C Compass .223 and wearing plugs and muffs. Dang muffs interfere with a good cheek weld while bench resting the T/C. Later, was shooting my Mav 88 and had the same problem..hitting the muffs when shouldering the 88 So,...I need to either get some slim muffs or just go...
  20. schotzfyred

New 88 20 ga.

Major Dad, I have had some of my guns since I was 16, [70 years+now] and they were my dads before me. Just as good as when I received them. I clean them when I know they'll be idle. My 116 year old 1886 is worn on the outside, darn near perfect internally. Previous owner took the same care as I.
Back