• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Wiley

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Sights

This is the combination I have on my 464. I like it so much it's on my .22 and my 12 gauge as well. Works great for my 51 year old eyes, doesn't cover the target, instant rangefinder after you do a little math. Kids these days don't know irons like us old coots, I think, so I'll include the...
  2. Wiley

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Sights

I have the same KNS Precision front sight as lonestarjeff. I like them so much I have them on my .22lr and my 12 gauge rifled slug gun barrel, too. On the .22 and the 464, they're paired with the Marble's Bullseye sight. Can't get one of those for the shotty, so it wears a ghost ring rear...
  3. Wiley

I guess I should be polite...

Hello from Podunk West, Texas. It's actually Littlefield, but nobody knows where that is. Let's just say 35 miles north-northwest of Lubbock. I'm a full time Special Education Life Skills teacher, Presbyterian Lay Pastor, father of 3, husband of almost 20 years to a wife I don't deserve, 4H...
  4. Wiley

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Interesting stories upthread. Mine's pretty easy. My given first name is Wiley. As they say over on Satan's Favorite Anime Board, "pic related."
  5. Wiley

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

Posting in a dead thread, but I found this one via the googles and thought I'd post an experience related to mounting a scope on my 464. I ordered the XS sights scout mount base. The screw that came with the set for securing the front of the rail to the dovetail slot was too short. Nothing a...
  6. Wiley

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Don't have much to add, but here goes... Mine: 535, delivered about this time last year, AT000XXXX 464 straight grip, delivered a couple months ago, LA071XXX 695 bolt gun, old as the hills but not as old as the one below, 829XXX 135D-B, Grandad's gun made between 1950 and 1953, "We don't need...
  7. Wiley

New to reloading. Real world advice?

I'll add one thing I just thought of: Ball powders are easier for new reloaders to work with than stick powders. IMR 4064 is probably the most versatile powder I've ever found. It's also a pain in the patootie to measure. My powder throw will drop loads of CFE223 within +/- 0.1 grains all day...
  8. Wiley

New to reloading. Real world advice?

Reloader Special 3 press for me, Hornady digital scale, most of the rest of my stuff is Lee. Brand really isn't that important, you'll get good service from RCBS, Lee, Lyman, or Hornady. Advice for a new handloader: Don't exceed max loads. Maybe later, after you've got a good chronograph...
  9. Wiley

.308 Winchester powder question

With the sole exception of my model 464 .30-30, every rifle I've ever loaded for loves 4064. It's consistent, the recoil is more of a push than a sharp jab, and temperature doesn't seem to affect it much. The only downside I see is it doesn't give the best velocity in any caliber I've loaded...
  10. Wiley

Reloading Data

Just worked out a load for my .30-30. It's the first .30 caliber rifle I've ever loaded for that didn't like 4064, but it may have been the bullets. Winchester brass and primers, Sierra 170 grain flat nose #2010, charges of IMR 4064 from minimum to maximum in 0.3 grain increments. Each and every...
  11. Wiley

Why chokes matter

The 535 I have now is the first internal choke tube shotgun I've ever owned. Everything else has been fixed or Granddad's Ranger .410 with external chokes. If I ever take the rifled barrel off it I'll be curious to see how it patterns. One thing I can say with confidence being a handloader for...
  12. Wiley

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

Thanks! I've got a handful of Mossberg guns (including Granddad's bolt action .410, which still looks new). l was here looking for info before I took the plunge on a new levergun and liked what I read. Now I've got that .30-30 and just need the new rear sight to get here so I can go shoot it...
Back