• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. BigSkyCountry

Mossberg MVP Bolt Action Troubleshooting

You shouldn't have to resolve anything with a new quality built rifle. You have seen the red flags, you know what your getting into, so I would advise doing the smart thing. Buy a Remington, Savage, Ruger or whatever, but you have been warned about the Mossberg's. And TSDD989 fixing your...
  2. BigSkyCountry

I mentioned in another post I swapped in a Timney trigger and took it to a gunsmith, who hundreds of dollars later had it functioning correctly. I put a box of shells through it, cleaned it and took it straight to my LGS to sell on consignment. Unlike Mossberg, I won't sell a rifle that...
  3. BigSkyCountry

I think my biggest problem with Mossberg is their lying. I sent mine in for a failure to fire trigger issue 2 years ago. They sent it back saying they had changed the trigger and safety button and it passed every test. I got it back, MVP LR in .308 by the way, doing exactly what I had sent it...
  4. BigSkyCountry

185D bolt action shotgun

Gunshows if your state still allows them. They are pretty cheap as most people don't know what they are when the see them. Bought two the other day for $15.00 total from a guy with hundreds of different magazines that didn't know what they went too. I said I wasn't sure they would work but...
  5. BigSkyCountry

Mossberg MVP LC trigger problem

Good news I guess. Had rifle repaired by a local gunsmith. After 2-1/2 years finally ran a whole box of shells through it without a hiccup. So a Timney trigger and a non Mossberg gunsmith fixed it. At least now I can sell it because unlike Mossberg, I wouldn't sell a rifle that didn't work.
  6. BigSkyCountry

Good news, found the extractor detent ball, so it's back together. Spent yesterday e-mailing Mossberg so to answer the original posters question, Mossberg says your pushing sideways on the trigger or pulling the bottom of the trigger and not the lightening bolt first before the main trigger and...
  7. BigSkyCountry

MVP LC aftermarket trigger question

They have been aware of trigger problems in the MVP LR's for several years. So they are being dishonest. They admitted to me in December of 2016, after sending mine in for a trigger(?) problem they didn't fix that they are in the process of having a new trigger redesigned, but didn't have any...
  8. BigSkyCountry

Well tried cleaning the bolt. Came apart easily. A warning about the extractor detent ball would have been nice. However it fixed nothing and now until I find the ball (yeah right) it won't extract either. lol I need to just be smart and find someway to dispose of this thing so I can quit...
  9. BigSkyCountry

I bought my MVP LR over two years ago and to this day have still not been able to put a box of shells through it. Same issue, you would chamber a round, pull the trigger, boom, chamber a new round and could not pull the trigger. Recycle the bolt new round, maybe yes, maybe no that the trigger...
  10. BigSkyCountry

If you could only have one rifle would it be the MVP?

Thanks and Yes it's like buying a new car that they don't allow you to test drive. And after you buy it finding out it won't start. This MVP LR is still sitting on the lot, but unlike Mossberg I won't sell a rifle that doesn't work. Even get rid of it. Shame there isn't a lemon law on...
  11. BigSkyCountry

If you could only have one rifle would it be the MVP?

Definitely would not be the MVP. An older Remington 700, a Savage or almost anything else. Have had my MVP LR in 7.62 for a couple of years now and have never gotten it to work reliably. First time I took it to the range if fired about 5 rounds then failed to fire no matter how hard you...
  12. BigSkyCountry

New Member From Montana

Hello all. New to this forum but not shooting or Mossbergs. Have a couple Mossberg shotguns as well as a MVP LR in .308. Looking forward to learning what I can and helping others, if I can.
Back