• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Mossbergermeister

Does anybody know what size one-way screwdriver is needed to remove the safety screw?

I already tried the masking tape trick, didn't work. At this point breaking it seems like the best option available. As for why I would replace it if it works fine is because it's stiff and I gouged it around the screw head during previous attempts at removing it and it has become jagged around...
  2. Mossbergermeister

Does anybody know what size one-way screwdriver is needed to remove the safety screw?

I don't own a Dremel tool or anything of the sort. I'm asking what would be the optimal method of removing the safety with minimal risk of damaging the finish using simple tools like a screwdriver and pliers.
  3. Mossbergermeister

How do I break it exactly? Should I stick the screwdriver beneath the safety then pry it upwards or what? I've avoided simply breaking the safety until now because I'm really not sure how to do it in an easy way that won't scratch the finish or send the ball detent spring into orbit.
  4. Mossbergermeister

Way back in January I bought a NDZ Performance replacement safety switch for my Mossberg 590 Shockwave. Long, painful story short, the online instructions provided regarding how to easily remove the one-way screw didn't work, nor did any additional instructions that I looked up, so I eventually...
  5. Mossbergermeister

Why on earth does Mossberg use a one-way screw to hold the safety?

Yeah, although I had hoped it wouldn't come to this, I'm most likely going to end up going the same route since I really don't care about breaking the stock safety, nor do I plan on reusing the screw. But thanks, I had actually been hesitant to do so out of concerns of scratching up the finish...
  6. Mossbergermeister

I gave it another try this morning, but got absolutely nowhere so I quit. I'll call my LGS in a couple days and ask if they have a gunsmith (or anyone who can remove a boogered up one-way safety screw) on hand who can replace it for me. Because although the safety os still operational, I have...
  7. Mossbergermeister

Oh well, I just watched a few videos on the subject, and it turns out that it might not be as bad as I thought. The official YouTube Video by NDZ Performance gives pretty terrible instructions and as it turns out, I was doing it wrong as a result. I was just lightly tapping with the hammer...
  8. Mossbergermeister

So, I just got done attempting to fit my 590 Shockwave with an NDZ Safety Switch, but while attempting to remove the stock safety, I stripped the stupid tamper-resistant screw. For reasons which are beyond my comprehension as well as common-sense, Mossberg uses a one-way, tamper resistant screw...
  9. Mossbergermeister

Modified choke

Screw in chokes would be nice, but I actually like it as a cylinder bore by default.
  10. Mossbergermeister

Should I prioritize fitting my Shockwave with an aftermarket safety?

Well after almost a year since this thread was posted, I've decided to replace the stock safety switch with an NDZ Aluminum Safety Switch, both for ease of operation as well as a sort of "just incase" to insure lasting durability. It only cost me $17, so it's not like I broke the bank buying...
  11. Mossbergermeister

Wood Furniture - Black Aces vs. Ebay Thai Wood (Burma Padauk, Walnut)

Meh, I'm gonna have to go against the grain a bit here by admitting that I prefer the look of the Thai grips. Sorry, but I like the corn cob foregrip better and the stain is more aesthetically pleasing. That being said, I would be slightly leary of buying the Thai grips out of fear that they...
  12. Mossbergermeister

Shockwave Photos

This is my Mossberg 590 Shockwave 12 Gauge with factory Flat Dark Earth Cerakote finish.
  13. Mossbergermeister

The Devil made me do it !

Congratulations. I considered getting a Remington TAC-14 myself, but ultimately choose the Mossberg 590 Shockwave due to the following features: Ambidextrous Safety Bolt Release Location Higher Magazine Capacity Cerakote Finish (Option) Heavy Walled Barrel Drilled and Tapped Receiver...
  14. Mossbergermeister

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

@White Oak 590A1 Something I've been curious about, is the Stainless Cerakote external only or is it applied to internally as well? The wording on the official blog announcement for the Stainless Cerakoted Shockwave is awkward and sounds almost as if the inside of the reciever and barrel are...
  15. Mossbergermeister

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

This is my Mossberg 590 Shockwave 12 Gauge with factory Flat Dark Earth Cerakote finish.
  16. Mossbergermeister

50/50 retro shockwave

That's not really a Shockwave though, it has more in common with the 590 Cruiser, and that's not a bad thing.
  17. Mossbergermeister

Wood corncob

This is why I sprung for the factory FDE Cerakote finish option on my Shockwave. Unfortunately, it isn't on the action bars, so those will wear down just as quickly, but so far it seems like it will at least look a bit better in contrast to the overall finish.
  18. Mossbergermeister

Mossberg 590A1 Retrograde

The price seems right, so if you like it, then go for it. Personally, if I were looking for something with a retro look by Mossberg and already owned your typical shotguns making it difficult to justify getting just another shotgun, then I would opt for the 590 Nightstick. Not only does it...
  19. Mossbergermeister

Homemade tiny Shockwave light

That's really handy! I've been thinking about getting a flashlight for my Shockwave, but kept getting turned off by the size and limited mounting options which tended to detract from the maneuverability of the Shockwave. Now if only somebody would make something like this and sell it so that...
  20. Mossbergermeister

Shooting slugs through chokes

One thing which has always puzzled me is a similar question; Can unrifled slugs be shot through smoothbore barrels? You'd assume that the answer is yes, but that it's merely pointless to do so since there's nothing to stabilize the slug. However, certain manufacturers such as Brenneke say that...
Back