• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. F

Mossberg 590 Side Saddles and Shell Holders

They stopped making the 4 shell holder and won't be making it again (according the person I talked to). Wish I could find another one. Seems the perfect size.
  2. F

Kind of Surprised at this...

Can't see any downside to it...or any reason for you to justify it to the rest of us. Accessorize the shotgun anyway you like. Since you have a side saddle you might want to practice over the top reloads (quickly place one in the chamber) then any of the many tactical reloads for the magazine...
  3. F

Help IDing my barrel please.....

Mossberg finally got back to me and admitted their 'mistake'. This is indeed a HEAVY barrel just as I suspected. On this model (M500A Security) they put a 590 style barrel on a '500' creating a sort of hybrid. 'Customer Service' had no information other than what the serial number told her it...
  4. F

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

^^^^ That is what I put on mine as well.
  5. F

Stumped....shell capacity?

Did some patterning with various shotshells today at distances from 10yds. to 40yds. That was kind of eye opening in a couple of circumstances. The shotguns are designed and intended for relatively short range defensive use (18.5" barrels and Cylinder chokes), but shotshells/loads varied...
  6. F

^^^^ Could not agree more. I just turned 65 years of age...but am ever the student.
  7. F

Greetings from Deep East Texas

Thank you Sir...and all the others here for the kind welcomes.
  8. F

^^^^ No, not 3"..though the angle makes them look longer than they are. Looking at them...I remember now what I did. My Daughter's shotgun (the one on top in the second photo) has two different manufacturers shells. I had Her's loaded with a (#1 buck Sellier&Bellot) in the chamber followed by...
  9. F

I measured two of them and they were 2-1/4" (loaded length)just like the Hornady Critical Denfense I keep in one of them....BUT...I should have measures ALL of them because 3 of the 5 measured 2-3/8" (loaded length). So the stacked tolerance in aggregate was 3/8" longer and that was the...
  10. F

2-3/4" is the 'after fired' length, the loaded length is always shorter than the shell designation.
  11. F

Kind of strange. I have two identical shotguns (M500A Flex Security). Both have about the same round count on them (less than 500 rounds). One of them will hold 6 shells in the magazine tube, the other only 5. They have both been like this since new. The Magazines measure exactly the same...
  12. F

Upgrading safety and follower , and follower spring.

Also....worth checking before you remove the magazine tube is to check and see if you even need to. 'Some' 500 models (my M500A Security shotguns) use a 590 style barrel (magazine tube goes through a lug in the barrel and has a screw on cap). These type make it simple to remove the magazine...
  13. F

Did you heat the receiver or just the tube? You'll need to warm up the receiver where the magazine tube screws into it. You won't hurt any finish on it IF just using a heat gun or a good hair dryer.
  14. F

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Identical Mossberg M500A Flex Security models. U762xxx................year 2013 U828xxx................Year 2014
  15. F

Strap wrench, hair dryer/Heat gun....you'll be good to go. Wipe off the loc-tite product Mossberg uses on newer shotguns and then just screw the magazine tube back in good and hand tight, it's not going anywhere. But yes, removing the tube to clean or service (the first time) could present a...
  16. F

Greetings from Deep East Texas

Thank You. Good Old Bastrop. Haven't been through the 'Lost Pines' in years, hope it hasn't changed too much. I grew up and went to school in Austin and used to go with a friend of mine to his folks place in Bastrop on weekends to visit. Beautiful country and nice people.
  17. F

My homemade broadheads

Very nice. Traditional Archery has always been my first love. Some of my homemade broadheads (points).
  18. F

Help IDing my barrel please.....

I was thinking about putting a hand guard on one of my shotguns but need to know if it is a 'heavy barrel' or not. Mossberg Customer Service says it is not (based on the serial number) despite several pictures I have sent them. Hard for me to believe it isn't. But what say you guys ? The...
  19. F

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

I have two M500A Flex Security models . One for myself, one for my Adult Daughter, both identical. 18.5" heavy walled breaching barrels. 6 shot tubes (plus one in the chamber= 7 rounds).
Back