• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Mike338Win

Patriot Synthetic 338WM Threaded for a Brake

Turned out the thread pitch on my rifle is NOT 11/16-24 as Mossberg claims. The thread pitch is 5/8-24 and I now have a brake installed that works good.
  2. Mike338Win

Mossberg Patriot Synthetic 24" Threaded Muzzle 338 Win Mag

Ok. Here's the scoop on mounting a muzzle brake on this rifle. Mossberg says the thread is 11/16-24 IT IS NOT. IF you buy one of these rifles like I did you may need to check the thread pitch. I paid good money for a brake that was 11/16-24 and it didn't fit. I bought a thread adapter and it...
  3. Mike338Win

Ive got the rifle at a custom rifle smith that I know in my area. He's going to rethread the muzzle and build a brake for it. Problem solved..... but, I measured the barrel just behind the threads and I got 0.625...... Converted into a fraction that comes out to 5/8" not 11/16" Leaves me...
  4. Mike338Win

I bought the Patriot Synthetic in 338 Win Mag with the 24" threaded barrel. I wanted a super light weight rifle for Elk and basically it is all of that. I looked for something that had threads for a muzzle brake and this does except they are 11/16-24 and the barrel is so thin that there is no...
  5. Mike338Win

Mossberg Patriot accuraccy issue and fixes

I bought the Patriot Synthetic in 338 Win Mag with the 24" threaded barrel. I wanted a super light weight rifle for Elk and basically it is all of that. I looked for something that had threads for a muzzle brake and this does except they are 11/16-24 and the barrel is so thin that there is no...
  6. Mike338Win

Mossberg Patriot Synthetic 24" Threaded 338 Win Mag Muzzle Brake

Any of you guys using a muzzle brake on your Patriot 338 Win Mag's?? I just bought one and I can't find a brake for it? It looks like KDF makes a slimline brake but it seems you have to ship your rifle off for fitting?? Any info. will be appreciated.... -Mike
Back