• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

New Member Here

I've tried mine in all kind of set ups . I even had see thru rings . With a Leupold 2x7x33 Was a good hunting set up. I discovered at least with mine it shot 180 to 220 weight in very small groups all day. The heavy barrel seemed not to get real hot and never lost its point of aim. Right now I...
  2. D

Mag dropping during cycling/firing.. mvp patrol 308

I think I had that happen a few times when I first got mine but not anymore. I know I have to push up on my PMAG's till I hear a click and haven't had it happen in a couple years now. I have 3 of those 10 round ones and all stay in.
  3. D

New Member Here

I'm in New York .
  4. D

Mossberg MVP Bolt Action Reviews

I've had my MVP Patrol in 308 for 2 years now. With 180 or up to 220 round nose it shoots tiny groups all day. I've never had a single problem with it once. It does open up groups with 150 grain bullets though for some reason. With the heavy barrel it never gets very hot and never looses point...
  5. D

New Member Here

And my wife has a plinkster with black and pink stock which she likes even though I tried to talk her into a different stock.
  6. D

New Member Here

My collection of Mossbergs are a MVP Patrol in 308 which is super accurate , a Maverick 88 which I put in wood stock to make it look Retro kind of. I have my father's 22 , a model 152 I think. Its a semi auto with the fold down front grip he bought in the late 40's, which still works perfect but...
  7. D

New to shotguns, building maverick 88 18.5"

That would be only if someone actually broke in , got past the dog ,then i would consider it serious. I don't have any neighbors except in one direction and they are pretty far. I was thinking of the noise and blast from a 12 gauge would be pretty wild. I have a shooting shed I built back in the...
  8. D

Depends which load you have. Cowboy plain lead is pretty mild compared to my hunting loads. Its about the same as a pistol just with a 16 inch barrel. 2 or 3 inches of pine boards will stop them most of the time.
  9. D

I'm new here but I've thought about this situation a lot. I have 2 dogs. A mastiff and a little dachshund. The little dog barks at anything which then makes the big one get up and start growling. If someone was to try and get in they are excellent intruder alarms . Which also would get me up. No...
Back