• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. T

Ammo available in your area.

Stopped by Dunhams yesterday. Plenty of ammo of many kinds. Prices??? High. Higher than last week. Did I buy?? NO sir. I have plenty of ammo. Even if I have to drastically cut back on shooting, I'm not paying that. The ammo can sit on the shelf and they can go to the unemployment line. I've...
  2. T

Seems most shotgun and rifle ammo has reappeared on the shelves near me. One lgs near me said that prices on the next shipment of handgun ammo will be lower due to more availability. I see 22lr at Dunhams $12 for 50 rounds. Not so good.
  3. T

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Older Models

I've been asked if I remember when dirt was invented by some. " Referring to my age". A Remington 700 30-06 thats been in my collection since the middle 70s holds the honor of "The last to go" right now. The most used yet most reliable. Forty five years, still going and never a fail. My 500 is...
  4. T

Managed to pick up 4 boxes of 12 ga. Bird shot at walmart. Might not sound like much but at Walmart near me that's about all you gonna get.
  5. T

Talked to the guy over the sports department at the Walmart near me today. He says he never knows when, how much or what kind of ammo comes in. He says he would like to put a limit of one box per customer so more people would have a chance at it but Walmart corp. will not allow him to put a...
  6. T

Stopped by Walmart, None. None what so ever. Not even one box of 28 ga. Dunham sports, one case of 12 ga. #9.
  7. T

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Holy necro. you are right. I don't look at dates for some reason. Maybe I should start. You think???
  8. T

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Older Models

I would prefer the Mossberg with two rails. Two is mostly always better than one.
  9. T

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

You can't go wrong with either. I personally went with the 500. Why? Because it was right there, in front of me at the right price. Both fantastic guns and one will do the job as good as the other.
  10. T

I live out of town. Hearing people shooting all around me every day was a normal thing for years. Now, in the last few weeks it has changed. No shooting at all. I guess they have run out of ammo or just don't want to use what they have up. What really worries me is. All these people hoarding...
  11. T

Yep, bird shot.
  12. T

At Walmart today. 3 boxes of 28ga. That was it. Nothing else but empty shelves.
  13. T

Thanks cmcdonald. I'm so old my brain reads it one way when my eyes see it another. Anyway, Thanks
  14. T

Just reading that Vista Outdoors say they have over $1 Billion in ammo back orders now. Do not think we will see a let up in the ammo shortage this year. Probably much longer. A few months ago I found a Mossberg 500 at the pawn shop. They also had 6 boxes of O0 buck. At the time I thought I was...
  15. T

I been around a long time. I'll tell you. Bad things are yet to come. Hoarding is not the answer. Hoarding only means some may have what they want today. But, Standing together today for what's right guarantees what we need today, tomorrow and forever. For us, our kids and our grandkids
  16. T

But you did take responsibility for your " misguided attempt at satire". Individual responsibility is missing in a lot of people, for sure.
  17. T

How would they know who's looking to do harm to others and who's not?? Just saying.
  18. T

At Walmart this week. No ammo, none. Not even shotgun bird shot, none. At Dunham's. Some 20ga. Bird shot. Some big rifle ammo, 30 06, 30 30. No handgun. No 22 period.
  19. T

At Walmart near me today. NO Ammo at all. Not even shotgun bird shot. None. Dunham sports had some shotgun ammo but not much.
  20. T

Last Time You Fired A Shot

Well, Turns out the 550-1 is not an easy gun to work on. Fail to load was not the only problem. Anybody that knows the 550-1 understands the problems you can have with the sear spring case . Take that and then add some idiot "working" on the gun equals missing and incorrectly installed parts. To...
Back