• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. F

Loaning a gun

I don't loan guns or anything with a gas motor. Especially chainsaws. No exceptions.
  2. F

Differences Between Maverick 88 and Mossberg 500?

My old Model 88 is smoother than the new Shockwave that I got rid of. I don't consider them practical SD guns but something for everyone. The 88 and 500 are the same gun except for safety and barrel weight. If I wanted a new one, I would get an 88. If one could have failed, it would have...
  3. F

Best full length stock for 18.5"

I've been the Shockwave and pistol grip route with Mossbergs and the recoil management is just not acceptable to me for a HD weapon or any other use. I intend to put a shoulder stock on my very old but perfect running Maverick 88. I'm interested in opinions on what stock brand to go with...
  4. F

Guns to Avoid!

I have a Hi Point 995. It is an absolute piece of junk. That said, it never FTF's or FTE's, was cheap to buy, Hi Point has the best customer service and warranty bar none (have used both when it was new), being a 9mm carbine, I question it's usefulness but it can be fun to shoot varmits with...
  5. F

Today I changed out my EDC CCW sidearm

Nice little inexpensive EDC you have there Elbert. I don't feel the need to get the latest, most expensive gun(s). I even have a Hi Point 995 that works every time without fail and I'll admit to owning one. It's kind of amazing how mankind has done so many things to do the same thing.....make...
  6. F

What happen to Remington?

All true above. More factors: They are in more debt (bankrupt now) than they can deal with. Add in Sandyhook lawsuits, and the inability to meet the terms of moving to Huntsville, AL that they agreed to and Remington is finished. Throw in management turnover, poor morale, and they don't have...
  7. F

Why Ballistics Gel Works and Caliber Arguments are Dumb

I've never heard of anyone being attacked by ballistics gel. Some people sure do shoot a lot of it though. Oh well. Another of life's mysteries.
  8. F

Today I changed out my EDC CCW sidearm

I carry a P938 SAS, an old Model 37, an SP101 in no certain order. Just depends on how I feel that day. I don't get caught up in caliber, no. of rounds, size, or any of that. I won't go below .38 SPL. Used to reload but got utterly bored to death with it. I just carry something I like for...
  9. F

Quick Shockwave 12 Ga. Write-up

Thanks, Rico. I haven't been here long either. My sense of humor gets "out there" so I try to keep it in check. You should do some 3" just to know what they're like. Not all of it is the same in recoil. I have some very old paper Winchester 3" 00 buck that may be older than me. They didn't...
  10. F

Mass legal shockwave

When did that start? Lately, they play with matches and other stupid things. Buy more ammo today....
  11. F

Quick Shockwave 12 Ga. Write-up

I don't have any issues with recoil when using my Shockwave. I just pull the trigger then let go of it. No kick at all. Just a kinda sick joke. The SW is a firearm to be highly respected and a lot of practice and use is in order to either get comfortable with it or get rid of it. I don't...
  12. F

Shockwave - Ready but Safe

Mine is as ready as it can be and I have enough ammo to last the rest of my life....I hope. I really, really, don't want to have to use it or any other gun I own on a criminal. Shoot someone and then the SHTF in other ways. Better than being attacked successfully by anyone. I believe in...
  13. F

Shockwave newbie bunch of random questions

Uhhh, I know what you're saying but the 12ga. Shockwave ain't no pussycat. It may be after you're really used to it but for the newbie, respect it highly and get very used to shooting it! Hang on Sloopy!
  14. F

New 88 20 ga.

I would rather wash three cars than clean a gun. Don't ask me why. I have some neat guns too. They are kept clean. I just suck it up and do it.
  15. F

Arthritis and Shockwave

Pretty wise post. It will take more than a box of shells to get a good aim. What do people expect? That it will shoot as accurately as a rifle at the same distance? It is what it is.
  16. F

Shockwave Availability

Sometimes that's the best answer just to get it off of mind.
  17. F

Noob break in question, or two

My gun is that way and as long as it shoots, I don't really care. I also don't take it apart to clean it because it isn't really necessary (IMHO). I just spray it out (flood it basically) with GT85, let it dry then put the gun up. Mossberg, if I remember correctly, recommends cleaning it with...
  18. F

12 gauge Sabot Slugs Hornandy

I've found that enough money will buy most material things. Certainly won't buy happiness ; )
  19. F

Buckshot shooters.... What FPS?

My ammo FPS is all over the map. I really don't care what it is. I'd like to think I'm an adaptable person and try to be that way. We're all different people. My Shockwave and Maverick 88 is partly to just have fun with. So, I really don't care what FPS it is. I bid on it on GB and go to a...
Back