• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread

+1 for John A. Don't see any place to post feedback, so I'm doin' it here. John kindly offered a deal, negotiated it in a businesslike manner, shipped when he said he would, and everything was exactly as described. Can't beat that with a stick. Thanks, John!
  2. S

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Sawed off / chopped barrel for 500's Just gotta remember to lock up the action, drop a dowel rod down the bore, mark it, measure it. Guy I know was not aware that barrels are measure from the bolt face, and chopped off too much. He asked me what to do, and I said, "To start with, NEVER do...
  3. S

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Love it. I have the side-mount scope deal, so I can mount just about any optic, or even a AR BUIS.
  4. S

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

I have three 500 Models, and I just ID them by barrel. I have one with a 24-inch rifled slug barrel, ported. Another has the 18.5-inch security barrel. Finally, I have a "hunter," as I call it, with the 28-inch vent rib barrel. I also have a .50 caliber black powder barrel that will work on any...
  5. S

Review: UAG "Tactical" stock set, heat shield

I recently acquired a Mossberg 500 on which was mounted a new collapsible M4 type stock, along with a plastic forearm and shell holder. All are made by UAG. http://www.amazon.com/Mossberg-Gauge-Ta ... B004Z2AVAI Stock The stock itself is very similar in appearance to the M4, and is of fair...
  6. S

Hello from Kentucky

Damn skippy.
  7. S

Hello from Kentucky

Guys, thank you all for the welcome. I appreciate it very much, and it's good to see fellow Hillbillies here!
  8. S

Hello from Kentucky

It performs very well. I bought it mainly because it was priced at $75 for the whole gun, and there was no way I was passing that up. It is about as accurate as my Optima muzzeloader, and I plan to try it with a low-power scope on my Weaver Converta-Mount. It's a very simple setup. The junk that...
  9. S

Hello from Kentucky

No idea, have not picked it up yet. Friend of mine texted me, asked if i knew anyone who might be interested and I responded, "HELL YEAH!" I might be interested in trading that barrel for a 20-inch....
  10. S

Hello from Kentucky

I just bought another 500 today, looks like. Wood stock, vent rib barrel, good shape, $150. Guy also threw in a hard shell case, so I'm pretty happy.
  11. S

Hello from Kentucky

What would you like to know?
  12. S

Heat shield for my new mossy

I think the heat shields look very slick, but I'm wondering if they really do much of anything. Don't they heat up as well? I ask this because I am trying to justify buying one. I remember seeing them on trench guns from WWI and thinking how they add to the menacing look of the gun.
  13. S

Hello from Kentucky

Hello all. I have owned Mossberg weapons for many years, and I just recently came across this forum. The only Mossberg I currently own is a 500, and it's one of my favorites. I have an 18.5-inch barrel on it at the moment, and I own a rifled slug barrel and a .50 caliber black powder barrel for...
Back