• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. 911JB

New guy from Central IOWA; 1st time Mossberg owner

Hello fellow Iowan. Welcome. JB
  2. 911JB

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

Thanks, I will look into them. JB
  3. 911JB

If it is 1/2 as dependable as a 500 I should be good. I have always ben a 500 fan [ I own 6 of them right now. 1 410. 2 20's and 3 12's ] and last year was the first time I owned a semi auto mossberg [9200] I liked the way the 9200 shot, but hated the way I had to push the button when...
  4. 911JB

I am now a member of the 930 family. I received this combo set as a Christmas gift. However unlike most of the pics I see in this thread, this 930 will not be a home protection firearm. This one will be my deer killing machine [replacing my 9200, wich replaced the 500 12 g, wich replaced the 500...
  5. 911JB

Firearm Photo Gallery

Thanks LAZY EYED SNIPER. It started out warm and foggy, but ended up a nice day. I seen plenty of deer over the two days, [almost 100 deer] but nothing over a 8 point [130 class] so I didn't even pull the trigger. This is what it looked like before the fog burned off. JB
  6. 911JB

Firearm Photo Gallery

Last weekend started the 2012 shotgun/deer season in Iowa. While I was in the woods I decided to snap a couple pics of my hunting buddies. XDm 40 and a Mossberg 9200. JB A little better look at the oldie but goodie 9200.
  7. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of a mossberg 500. You're welcome Sn3. I don't think I ever red the procedure from the manual, :lol: . Glad the thread helped.
  8. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of a mossberg 500. Sorry about the delay in answering everyone's questions/comments. A death in the family has kept me away for an extended period of time. I will once again try and check in more often. JB larryh1108 . Try pushing the action rods towards...
  9. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of a mossberg 500. I usually find pieces of weeds and corn stalks and stuff like that in the 500's when I am cleaning a bird hunters gun. It always amazes me how much stuff can gather in there before they stop working. It reminds me of a AK47.
  10. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of a mossberg 500. You're welcome DamnYankee. Did you get your 500 tore down and back together OK?
  11. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of a mossberg 500. Thanks for the complement Rossignol, and you're welcome. The only real time consuming part was the downloading of the photos to photobucket. Since my cheap butt is still on dial-up it took almost 3 hours, :lol: .
  12. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of a mossberg 500. You're welcome humblePie. You are correct, the sharing of information and of lifes experiences is what its all about. Thank you for the kind words.
  13. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of a mossberg 500. You are quite welcome CC. I know how many people own 500's and I hope this helps them, plus save them a few bucks at the gunsmith shop when it comes time for a cleaning. I only charge 20 bucks to do this job but I know of some that charge...
  14. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Disassembly and reassembly of a mossberg 500. As I cleaned a mossberg 500 today, I decided to take photos ,step by step throughout the entire process. Here are those photos with explanations for each step of the process. Put safety on, Check to make sure firearm is unloaded, Pump forarm...
  15. 911JB

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Kel-Tec's new KSG bullpup shotty http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=5659 Kel-Tec’s newest revolutionary bull-pup design. The KSG has a 26″ OAL with an 18.5″ barrel and bottom eject, with a 14+1 capacity. I cant wait to see this when it hits the market! edited to add... More pics...
  16. 911JB

Mossberg 702 Plinkster Rimfire Accessories...

There are accessories for the 702?
  17. 911JB

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

I've also painted a few guns with duracoat . One thing I did was warm the disassembled receiver with a hair dryer. Then quickly paint it while still warm. Use multiple thin coats. Good luck on your project. JB
  18. 911JB

Breaking in a pump gun.

Ninja Steve, I break them in just as you posted. Disassemble everything , clean , oil and reassemble, then shoot the heck out of it. Then repeat. One thing to remember is don't over oil it. If you do and you are out in freezing temps the oil may jell and/or freeze and the gun wont fire. During...
  19. 911JB

East central Iowa waving a hand.

Thanks for the welcome all. I just finished putting the back 1/2 of the folder stock and the extended tube and barrel on that little pistol grip 500. Here's a new pic of it.
  20. 911JB

Mossberg 702 Plinkster Rimfire vs Marlin 60 Autoloader

I own both. When I hit the range for some paper punching the marlin is the one I take. When I am just out at the farm can dancing the mossy gets some attention. While I am a mossberg fan, I am also a Marlin fan. There is no comparison between the mossy 702 and Marlin 60. Marlin wins in...
Back