• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Zach H.

Accu-mag/Ulti-mag, different or same

Is there a difference between the two or are they the same thing?
  2. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

Yes, I got the correct pin in there & it works great! The modified cartridge stop works but it'll be replaced when the new one arrives.
  3. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

It's all good information! :cheers:
  4. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

That's an awesome idea! I wish I had the space to get a reloader
  5. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

It wouldn't cycle any of the shells reliably. Most were better that trying to cycle the snap cap but not enough to trust on a home defense gun. I'm guessing that the brass offered a more slippery surface than the snap cap but still didn't cycle every time.
  6. Zach H.

My 1st Mossberg

I have been looking at 7 round cards & they would be prefect for covering it up!
  7. Zach H.

MCARBO Trigger Spring Kit and Magazine Follower

I've been looking at the trigger springs from them... if I order for my 500s, I'll order for my 935 & 870 too. I don't have a problem with the triggers so I'm not sure I need them but they are on my radar & I'm looking for further reviews.
  8. Zach H.

My 1st Mossberg

This particular shotgun has some (cough cough) questionable "etching" that looks like it was done by a 12yr old on the left side of the receiver... a symbol that I would not want on any of my firearms :doh: so there's going to be some sanding and primer to try to fill the affected area.
  9. Zach H.

New here. From Ohio. Hello enthusiasts [emoji41]

Greetings from North Central Ohio! :welcome:
  10. Zach H.

My 1st Mossberg

At an annual Thanksgiving day shoot, I was given a 2nd 500A. This one has a collapsible stock & a 20" barrel.
  11. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

I bought a cartridge stop from Mossberg but figured I'd try my hand at modifying the existing one since, if I screw it up, I have another one on the way. I used a Dremel to take off material on the hooked end, lightly going over the flat face of the stop and reinstalling to test retention &...
  12. Zach H.

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I googled the symptoms my Mossberg 500A was having & this site had several posts on the problem(s) and I ended up hanging around like a bad fart because of the knowledge & quick responses.
  13. Zach H.

935 Fully Rifled Slug Barrel

So, let me start by saying that I've never been much of a deer hunter, birds have always been my game of choice but my dad is wanting me to get out in the woods to go deer hunting with him. I can borrow an 11-87 (that is really picky about ammo) to use but also found a good deal on a 935 slug...
  14. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

I feel like the problem lies in the relationship between the left action bar & the corresponding cartridge stop. When the action is cycled open all the way, the beveled edge of the left action bar isn't moving the beveled edge of the cartridge stop enough. It's as if there's too much material...
  15. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

This beveled edge on the left action bar arm is what moves the cartridge stop out of the way letting a shell onto the shell elevator.
  16. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

It appears upon further investigation that the action bar arms (the arms on the pump slide) have a beveled edge that push the cartridge stop in against the receiver and it is not pushing it in enough I hope the picture shows where the problem is (in my mind for now). It doesn't seem bending the...
  17. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

The 2nd pic is after cycling the action. The dummy round was never fed onto the shell elevator and I'm guessing it's as far as the cartridge stop got moved. I can see the shell elevator moving the cartridge stop but it's just not enough. And yes, I cleaned all kinds of gummy oil out of it :barf:
  18. Zach H.

Cartridge stop problem

Wow our bad cartridge stop pics almost match Before cycling the action After cycling the action I'd say it's the cartridge stop being bent too much.
  19. Zach H.

Redneck trigger pin

The new trigger pin works like a charm. I've had it in & out several times today trying to get it to cycle reliably
  20. Zach H.

Redneck trigger pin

The roll pin came out with a bit of persuasion as the punch set I have didn't quite knock it all the way out. I don't think anything is permanently damaged but the correct pin will be here today & I hope it stays in place or I'll have to go with old mossy's suggestion.
Back