• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

Just received 930 SPX...

Yes, as MossLvR said, similar range restrictions. At this place, you can't shoot buckshot at all, only birdshot on their shotgun range, and only slugs at the rifle range. Plus, I think the shotgun range is skeet/trap only, no patterning from what I understand, but I would have to clarify that...
  2. D

Just received 930 SPX...

Quick update: Had a chance to hit the range today. It was nice to get some range time with the 930. Also put a few rounds thru the FAL at 100 yards, but age is getting the best of me. I was a bit "wide", so to speak, but they were all effective kill shots. Looks like I need either a scope or...
  3. D

Will you ever feel that your gun collection is complete?

This has to be one of the best, most prophetic posts ever made by modern man!! You are the man!! lol
  4. D

39" factory mag spring too long?... new 930 spx

Yea, I definitely agree. When I initially cleaned it, I did not take the trigger assembly out, so I broke it down again, removed and cleaned the trigger group and elevator, light relube and reassembly. It seems to operate a bit better, but you are correct, by hand I may not be cycling it fast...
  5. D

Picatinny rail screws

Re: Picatinny rail screws 930 SPX Just an update. I read this thread the other day, which reminded me to remove and locktite the screws back in. The longer screw is about 7mm, but the head is countersunk with a taper. The 7mm is measured from the beginning of the threaded area near the head...
  6. D

OK, the spring is now at 28". The elevator still sticks in the low position frequently when cycling the bolt, but it works better than before, although it isn't completely fixed. Any thoughts on how short that spring can go, or is it just trial and error? Again, thanks in advance for the help.
  7. D

OK, took another two inches or so off the spring. Current length is 29.5 inches. It also seems like the elevator is hanging up, too. For instance, when I cycle the bolt from a loaded chamber and a full mag, the chambered shell will eject as designed. The round from the mag will sometimes feed...
  8. D

OK, I'm going back in!! haha
  9. D

I'm thinking take another coil or two off the spring?
  10. D

Thanks for mentioning that. I did try to cycle rounds thru it, and it intermittently seems to want to not feed the first round out the mag tube and then when cycling the action, on occasion, it will try to send two rounds into the elevator. Definitely doesn't feel proper.
  11. D

I'll check that momentarily!!
  12. D

Thanks for the help! m24shooter, I cut the factory spring back to 32" as you suggested, and now I can get all seven 2 3/4" shells in, and all six 3" shells, too, with about an extra inch of room remaining. I will leave it this way until I can put some rounds thru it. seascout, I will be...
  13. D

Since I haven't yet had a chance to hit the range, I decided to just check if all 7 shells would fit. I can only get 5 shells in. Based upon measurement, the follower appears to get stuck in the area where the mag extension screws on. When disassembled, the follower slides easily thru all...
  14. D

Just received 930 SPX...

Quick pic-no light for now, just wanted the clamp for mag tube stability at this point.
  15. D

Just received 930 SPX...

Yea, I am psyched! I'm kind of bummed I could not go today, but at least now I can make those arrangements as time allows, since I have the gun and some ammo. I have to say, it is a nice shotgun. You guys notice how easily the trigger touches off? I grabbed some snap caps and keep one in the...
  16. D

Just received 930 SPX...

Took delivery today of a new 930 SPX, bought online and transfer completed at my favorite FFL dealer (not sure if I can name them both!?!) This shotgun is fine in every way. This is the latest model, with both sling attachment points, etc. Well worth the $$ spent. That said, unfortunately I...
  17. D

Hello...

Thank you! I'll be sure to post impressions when I get a chance to hit the range, hopefully Friday.
  18. D

Firearm Photo Gallery

Re: Pic of current weapons... Nice. You should post up some info about that in a thread.
  19. D

Firearm Photo Gallery

Re: Pic of current weapons... Thanks, man! I really like the .308 for purposes of utility and SD. Very accurate, even with the iron sights, and I'm sure if I put a decent scope on it, it would shoot about MOA. Great survival rifle, very easy to work on and very solid: steel upper, steel lower...
Back