• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

He dropped price by $5.00. Neither this firing pin or my old firing seem to look like replacements seen on line. The first pic is an online replacement. The second is one of mine. Notice how the end of the replacement is square and the old one comes to a point. From the clearance it looks like...
  2. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

I bought the bolt assembly off ebay. Thank you for your help.
  3. JohnnyO

Proper Rifle cleaning

Can someone please share a definitive procedure for properly cleaning a Mossberg .22 bolt action. If I google it the results come back with lots of different ways each author does it and of course lots of comments and arguments about how they do it! I decided to turn to the Forum for the...
  4. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

I sent the seller a message asking him to show the bolt assembly apart. You can't see the firing pin in the ads pictures.
  5. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

The action says " New Haven" model 42. I can't tell if mine is a New Haven.
  6. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

Now if I could just find a replacement 42 bolt assembly. I think mine has some pieces broken off.
  7. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

Unbelievable! In one day you were able to direct me to the information I've been searching for since I recieved the model 42 over 2 years ago. The pictures showed the bolt assembly for my 42 and confirms that it is a 3 piece unit with no screws or bands holding it together. Thank you! Thank you!
  8. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

Disregard second half of last post. I see it's a twist into locking position.
  9. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

If the slide/bolt assembly has a safety knob on the end then it might help. My issue is weather the slide/bolt assembly falls apart by when extracted from the rifle like mine does, or should it be held as one unit by a screw or band.
  10. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

I have the Wards Westernfield 46 which was manufactured by Mossberg as the 42. No letters after the numbers. I think it was made from 1936 to 1938,.
  11. JohnnyO

Hello from Northern Wisconsin

Thank you. The neighbors say hi!
  12. JohnnyO

In case you miss Wisconsin this time of year! Go Packers!
  13. JohnnyO

Mossberg 42

Would anyone have any documentation on the Mossberg 42 maybe with illustrations? Thank You
  14. JohnnyO

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I was researching my model 42 safetys operation and the majority of the sites I got directed to suggested joining a Mossberg forum.
  15. JohnnyO

Thank you for allowing me to join! My handle is JohnnyO because my first name is John and the last name is tooooooo difficult to pronounce! I recieved a Westernfield or Western Field model 46, potato potaaato aka the Mossberg 42 from a relative. He had it for years, never shot it because it...
Back