• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

What's "wrong" with the 464

Well, I've managed to work my way through this & the reloading sub-forum in the interval... My latest trips to the range have resulted in a couple additional SUGGESTED trial reloads for that Xtreme 150gr plated FP bullet: 19.0gr of IMR 4198 & 25.0gr IMR 4895. I note it (the bullet, not the...
  2. S

Thanks for the heads-up. With only 136 threads on this sub-forum I'll try and work my way through them in the next week, or so... Always looking for those gems of information other's experiences can often provide. Cheers! P.S. I notice there is no dedicated reloading sub-forum: where's the...
  3. S

Well, I guess I need to try to set up this here tablet thing and see if I can actually get a couple images that can demonstrate (uh, illustrate?) the relative positions. A video of the hammer falling with the tang safety clearly in the ON position (fully rearward) would be even better but I...
  4. S

1st Lever Action, 1st Mossberg, 1st Post & 1st ?

I'll be sure and post a thread about the eventual results: don't even know the age of his Winchester, it may well even be an original Model 1894 (in steel vs. alloy)? He's also retired, in his later '60's (ex-LAPD), and said the reason he never shot the 30-30 that his Dad "used to hunt with for...
  5. S

Sounds about as much fun as living here on the North of the Left Coast (Grays Harbor County, WA.)! My Sister and most of her family have lived in the Rochester area for over 55 years. Glad you guys finally got rid of that Whack-job of a Guv! Cheers! P.S. As of today the mask rules out here...
  6. S

So, Scoop, Thanks for the Welcome! Just how far east of Cheatham County ( where hickok45 hails from) are you? Used to drive through the beautiful State of TN en route from Dayton (Ohio, not TN) to Florida for years and years before heading out West (the Left Coast). Cheers!
  7. S

It was certainly never my intent to cause anyone any distress nor unnecessary effort. Sorry to hear of your injury and past illness, hope you have recovered and are feeling better. P.S. I too, am an elderly (ancient, antique?) guy with torn tendons in both septugenerian shoulders: I had the...
  8. S

Well, a week after my initial post (with 71 "views" and no answer of any kind) I posted my 2nd on this thread, ending in "My error". Then I posted on the "What's wrong..." thread... Much to my surprise that one got multiple responses! In the interim I searched the web and came up with a...
  9. S

Actually, this gun was designed to allow the hammer to SAFELY fall when the trigger is pulled REGARDLESS of whether the tang safety is in the ON position (fully rearward) or in the OFF position (fully forward). When ON the tang safety physically prevents the hammer from falling foreward enough...
  10. S

Patience, surely, IS a virtue! I guess I was just a hair disappointed that a question that could (might?) have been answered with a simple "YES or NO" was not responded to after multiple days & views... Dozens? I had no idea how few 464 owners there were on this forum. Looking at the number...
  11. S

Well, I guess if any of the respondents (only one of whom even deigned to answer the question?) ever looked at the exploded diagram in the Mossberg Model 464 Owners Manual it would be clear that the part of this firearm you put your fingers through (you know: the "lever", as in lever action) to...
  12. S

Forget the thanks in advance. My error.
  13. S

Well, I can now opine about "what is wrong" with Mossberg Owners Forum and this sub-forum: that would be when 71 people who read my initial post and who were so busy or so knowledgeable they didn't have the time nor inclination to even post a simple "yes or no"...!
  14. S

The tang safety (when in the fully back position on the 464 in 30-30) is designed to physically block the hammer from hitting the firing pin, but still allows the trigger to be released (when the finger !ever is squeezed with thumb on the hammer) so the hammer can then rest in the "safe"...
Back