• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. P

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Went back to the range and shot another 50 rounds..Came home took it apart and all is good. Filing down the spring in that one section stopped the scratching when taking the gun apart. That makes 140 rounds with no issues.
  2. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* After I noticed the scratch last week on the new replacement tube I decided to take a look at the spring. I found a very small high spot where it looks the spring moved slightly and the end of the spring was making contact with the tube. So I...
  3. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Yea Im beyond pissed off at this point. Last time it got so bad I couldnt even get the barrel back on and shipped it back not together. The bent extension tube and spring issue was solved. I would hate to send it back and end up with a whole...
  4. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Went to the range today to shot some clays. Shot 48 rounds of bird shot. Got home and took the gun apart to clean it. Guess what..Got a new scratch mark on the bottom of the new magazine tube :shock: Well the new parts they put on lasted...
  5. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* If you don't align the gas spring the tube will probably get scratched again. It happen ever time I took the gun apart. Each time I got a new scratch. I sent mine back, it was a new gun and should never have had those scratches to begin...
  6. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* My bad..I didn't realize there was more to the photo..I didn't scroll all the way down.
  7. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* The wear looks about normal to me. Thats what mine had after 20 rounds. Even after I got my gun back from Mossberg and I shot some more it looked like that. From what I understand that's normal. I'm sure some others will chime in with some...
  8. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I can tell you the scratch marks are not normal. Slight wear on the tube I would say is normal but without seeing the pics I couldn't tell. As far as telling the store where you purchased it they will probably tell you to contact the...
  9. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* It looks like a new tube. The scratches were pretty deep on the other one. Even more so then the photos show. As far as spring length I haven't measured it, but it look the same size as the original one.
  10. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Just an update..I was able to get to the range today. Fired 30 rounds of slugs. Took apart the gun when I got home and all is good. No scratches at all. Was able to load 7 in the tube as well today.
  11. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I shipped mine in the original box and covered it with paper then packing tape. I did not want to ship it without covering the original Mossberg box. When I got it back they shipped the original box in another cardboard box.
  12. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Got my 930 back today..Took a total of 2 weeks and that includes shipping to and from. They replaced the magazine tube, magazine tube extension and spring. They also replace the blue spring in the gas system. The first thing I did was load...
  13. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I finally received the shipping label today..They told me it would take 5 days and it would be mailed..Well today I got it via email. Took them 8 days to email it. Hopefully I'll have it back in a month with no issues. I tracked it and it will...
  14. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Called Mossberg yesterday and they are mailing me out a return label. The marks are definitely from taking the barrel on and off. I tried to take off the nut on the barrel and align the spring but I couldn't get it to move. I also have the...
  15. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube I just emailed customer service and sent photos. I'll followup with a call tomorrow. I'll post updates in this thread. Also noticed the magazine ext tube has a slight wobble to it when screwing it on.
  16. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube I finally got around to reading more and check the links in this thread. The wear is not normal. I guess I'll be contacting Mossberg Monday. None of us should still be having these issues. Cant believe they haven't fix these problems yet.
  17. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube Well I went back to the range for the 1st time since I posted the photos last week. I shot 20 rounds of slugs..That makes a total of 30 rounds through the gun. The gun shot fine however I was still only able to get 4 in the tube sometimes then 5. Never got 7...
  18. P

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube Thanks for the replies...Yes I purchased it new. It wasn't in the shop that long either. The date on the box is 4/12.
  19. P

Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I purchase my 930 SPX this past weekend. While taking it apart to clean and oil it I found these 2 marks on the Magazine Tube. I had only shot 10 rounds through the gun so far. The marks are deep enough to feel with my fingernail. The one mark...
Back