• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Thanks for that. I am thinking of getting a #51411 590 A1 but I will want a 12" stock.
  2. D

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Do 500 stocks fit 590s too?
  3. D

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

I think you just helped me change my mind on this. Thanks
  4. D

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Blued or Parkerized - Which is Best? I will be shopping for another Mossberg 500 and I need to decide whether to get one that has a blued finish or a Parkerized finish. I like the look of the traditional blued finish but I am wondering if the Parkerized finish might be more durable and...
  5. D

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

A lighter gun is earier to point quickly and sidesaddle ammo adds lots of weight. That is why I won't be adding ammo storage to my gun. I prefer having an open box of shells next to the bed. If I am going out, extras in my right jacket pocket work for me. Besides, if I am going to have...
  6. D

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Mikeoso, Your 500 is my favorite so far. Simple, functional and looks great.
  7. D

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Where to mount tactical light? My Streamlight TLR-1 mounts below my magazine tube on a UAG Picatinny mount. Great set up. Easy to toggle the switch when holding the forearm in the ready to fire position. And, it doesn't stick out on the sides or in front. That set up would not interfere...
  8. D

The Brownell's safety button is a simple thing but it sure made it easier to work the safety on my 500. That is the kind of improvement I like best.
  9. D

What have you done to secure your home?

That is the absolute worst thing I can imagine -having to make a split-second decision; Did real cops somehow get the wrong address - or are these bad guys who present a threat? If you defend your home, and it is real cops, the result would be tragic for the cops and for you. If you live...
  10. D

That makes sense. I can see the value in selecting a grip/stock set up so the gun fits the shooter and is suitable for the intended use. A gun that fits is an accurate gun. Similarly, I can see a light for HD gun. It doubles as a sight at close range and it also lets you get a good look at...
  11. D

Mike, That's it! I do appreciate the value of functional upgrades. However, some add-ons seem more dress-up than function oriented. For example, how many shots must be fired in rapid fire to heat a barrel to the point were a heat shield in necessary? Most of us won't need one. I love the...
  12. D

Well, my 500 has a Hogue 12" LOP stock, 18.5 barrel, and magazine-mounted Streamlight TLR1 light. I thought my simple little gun was about perfect for its intended purpose. However the peer pressure to add stuff to my gun kicked in and now I have some new tactical accessories to mount; First...
  13. D

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Finally some pics of my Thunder Ranch! Very nice. In photo #5, I noticed that your safety is in the forward "Fire" position. Hope you just did that for the photo and that, before doing so, you confirmed that your chamber was empty. Enjoy your 500.
  14. D

Sililarities/Differences from Standard 500

That is exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you very much.
  15. D

Sililarities/Differences from Standard 500

Aside from the stock and forend, are there any other differences from a standard 500? I am specifically interested in the receiver and magazine tubes so I can decide if a Bantam might be able to use my standard stock and barrel if desired.
Back