• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. JDXX

Co witness sights for 500 with RDS

I feel like it's a pretty comfortable stock, but as this is my first shotgun I don't have much to compare it too yet. Expand the picture a bit and you can see a qd socket just forward of the built in sling loop. Currently I am using the loop on the other side of the stock for my rear connection...
  2. JDXX

Well the last piece arrived today and here's what I got going on. Front sight is a UTG clamp on shotgun sight with a KNS extra tall A2 front sight post. Rear sight is a Wiland USA sight base for a Ruger 10 22 with a notched V sight plate. Wiland makes several different sight plates for this...
  3. JDXX

I definitely thought about a quick release for the red dot but even then the picatinny rail obscures the factory bead. I looked at larger beads and such but none would be tall enough to see over the rail, at least I doesn't seem like it. To be honest I don't want to mess with having to remove...
  4. JDXX

First time

Thank you! Yeah seems to be getting that way over here too.
  5. JDXX

Shotgun Parts

I found those parts on eBay pretty cheapish, receiver came from Gunbroker also fairly inexpensive.
  6. JDXX

Shotgun Parts

One that was from a new gun disassembled to sell as individual parts.
  7. JDXX

First time

Thank you, I appreciate it
  8. JDXX

pictures that make you lol

Most times it's in my left hand!
  9. JDXX

First time

Thank you very much.
  10. JDXX

I also have a set of Magpul BUIS that have been superceded by an etched retical prism scope on my AR15. I thought about trying one of those barrel clamp rails and seeing if they line up enough to work. The Magpul BUIS are pretty tall when deployed though.
  11. JDXX

I found these and though they are pricey i put a query in with the company to find out the heights. I should have my RDS later today so once i get it mounted up ill have a better idea of what im looking for.
  12. JDXX

I put the ATI Halo side saddle on my Mossberg 500. This side saddle set up hangs from a picatinny rail that obscures the front bead sight completely, which is fine as I am putting a Holosun 503cu circle dot sight on it. Not that it should ever need it but I would like to have back up iron...
  13. JDXX

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I don't remember what exactly I searched for that led me here but it was searching on Google that did it. So now here I am!
  14. JDXX

First time

Hello from Central Oregon, I picked up my first shotgun a few months ago. Was one of those store model Mossberg 500s with composite furniture with the 18.5 and 28 inch barrels. Well as it turned out I was unhappy with my gun light set up on my AR15 so I figured I'll just change the forend on...
Back