• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Husker88

Gun Shows - still worthwhile or too risky?

While driving back to the house this morning I saw a couple of signs posted at two different intersections: "Gun Show @__________, Fri, Sat Sun" The location is someplace that I would not go at night, but it's OK during the day. But..... With all the recent AFTE "rules" and reports of...
  2. Husker88

.22LR vs .22Mag

I'm getting the bug to get a .22 bolt action rifle. It seems that .22 LR is the more common round, while .22 Mag packs more punch. From what I've read they are NOT interchangeable. .22 LR is also cheaper ammo with greater availability. SO, if I had to choose, which would be a better option...
  3. Husker88

Price increases?

I'm hearing warnings - mostly from the online bulk sellers - that there could be a 6 - 7% across the board price increase for ammo coming up in June. While it might be a little bit of sales technique, there is probably a ring of truth to the warning. Anyone hearing similar feedback??
  4. Husker88

A cheap pouch turned out good...but with a little guilt.

A while ago while putting an Amazon order together for the spouse, I needed another $10 of stuff to get free shipping. [I know - we're really paying for it, but it makes me feel better to make believe :) ] I was looking for something like a dump pouch, but instead of using for empty AR mags, I...
  5. Husker88

Solar Eclipse 2024 - who's ready?

This just keeps getting better. https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/solar-eclipse-day-could-resemble-zombie-apocalypse-ncna785411 So how is everyone preparing for the crazy pagan zombie-worshiping democrat-voting hordes on Monday? I'm going with tried and true 00 buckshot with several boxes...
  6. Husker88

NYC Earthquake

I saw this on Newsmax, and while I'm not a deeply religious person, I took it as a sign. A good sign. At least a good start https://www.newsmax.com/us/east-coast-earthquake-new-york-city/2024/04/05/id/1159905/ Maybe Gotham City will clean up it's act....a little....maybe....
  7. Husker88

Bat Shot Crazy

I get daily emails from SG Ammo in OK with a huge variety of bulk ammo. Today they had a special on a 250 rd case of Winchester 12 ga in #2 lead shot --- but what really caught my attention is that in the description it said that this particular shell is normally exported to Australia for bat...
  8. Husker88

Maverick 88 "Cruiser" How did I miss this?

I just stumbled across this - must be new. Academy Sports has it for $220. https://www.mossberg.com/maverick-88-cruiser-31080.html I know I could just put a pistol grip on my Maverick 88, but this cruiser model has 7+1 capacity. Two more than the Maverick 88 Security. Dang.
  9. Husker88

Is the NRA in a death spiral?

Now that Uncle Wayne and a few of his henchmen are out, is anyone thinking of joining/rejoining? I may consider joining again sometime in the third quarter of NEVER. Even with a new board and officers, their approach to the cause has been outdated for years and what with all of the corruption...
  10. Husker88

New Thunder Ranch models

I saw this video & had to share.
  11. Husker88

SCOTUS rules against TX defending it's own border

A snippet from today's Wire from S2 Underground: "TX: The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled in favor of the Biden regime, allowing federal agents to remove razor wire on the U.S. southern border. No opinions were provided with this ruling. AC: All eyes are on Texas as citizens await what could be a...
  12. Husker88

Defender Tactical Dual Rail Adapter Kit

The dual rail adapter for the Mav-88 arrived today! Undamaged, despite the best efforts of USPS. :) [just kidding, USPS :) ] It looks like a very solid, well-engineered piece that even I should be able to install without incident. It also came with the all-important sticker for the...
  13. Husker88

Found a good mount for my M-88

I saw these from Defender Tactical and decided to take a chance on one for the Maverick 88. Deciding on a light will take a little more time....although they have some interesting ones on the website. Disclaimer: no financial or other relationship with this vendor - I just liked their stuff...
  14. Husker88

Benchmade - worth the $$$ ??

I'm not a true knife addict. I tend to buy based on what the intended use is. Not being an outdoors-man [any more] I lead towards the simple folders and thumb-assist units so that my ageing fingers can get the blade out one-handed. Practical, inexpensive, blah blah. Right now my daily pocket...
  15. Husker88

KANSAS

The one state that didn't have a thread yet. So I'll be first. Recent first time shotgun owner - a Maverick 88 12 Gauge. I'm not an active hunter nor have I ever shot trap / skeet. I'm interested in any shotgun-friendly ranges in the greater Kansas City Area or reasonably close thereto...
Back