• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. K

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Stock options for Persuader? I put the Bantam 12" LOP ordered directly from Mossberg on mine. Much lighter in weight and easier to swing up. It shortens the over all length which will make it easier to point around cover/concealment in your home. I am trying to locate someone to set the...
  2. K

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: how do you know the correct LOP It's recommended for home defense to use a 12" LOP no matter how big you are. I know a trainer who is 6'5" and that is what is on all of his HD shotguns.
  3. K

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: 20 Gauge Security Barrel For 500 My experience with bird shot. I will be interested Mike what your;s does. Please report when you can.
  4. K

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa Much better with the 12" LOP.
  5. K

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa I am keeping mine simple. Just replaced the 14" SpeedFeed stock with a 12" Hogue today.
  6. K

3 Dot Sights vs. Ghost Ring (NOW WITH PICS)

I want my sights to keep eye travel/focus at the end of the barrel, and why I am not so fond of 3 dots when the rear tends over power the front sight for me. I am very fond of Trijicon HD's yellow front sight. I have them on my M&P Shield 9. Also, I am having issues with my eyes focusing at...
  7. K

All I can say is, WOW!

Too bad someone didn't teach her to hold the gun right .. both thumbs along the slide which helps to reduce felt recoil and muzzle tipping, never one back behind. I was in your shoes not all that long ago. Get sound training.
  8. K

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Heat Shields

I have had the best advice calling Mossberg and speaking directly with a tech. I have ordered parts and barrels from them only to find out CS has been excellent, and prices & shipping was actually cheaper. http://www.mossberg.com/cgi-bin/commerc ... descending
  9. K

Made A Trade Today

Oh .. that one .. it's the top one. I have since slapped a wood youth 13" stock and a 18.5" security barrel on it.
  10. K

Made A Trade Today

^^ Eh .. you probably live too far away anyways :lol: J/K with ya. 500 20 ga .. I have a Ghost Ring sight set system on order .. Dunhams in my area had a few incredible sales starting last August .. 500 Combo w/2 barrels, VR 26" and a scoped cantilevered barrel for $289.00 SOoo .. I...
  11. K

Made A Trade Today

Not at all! I may be a woman, but I am practical. I want my guns to be practical too, and do what they are intended for .. to SHOOT reliably. If you check my pics of the 500 that I posted, you will see that I don't subscribe to tacti-cool guns. I always opt for functionality over coolness. I...
  12. K

Recoil Pad options for 590?

*Shooters Friend Recoil Pad* I swear by these because I am a small 5'5" woman diagnosed with severe osteoporosis several years ago. Last May I attended a shotgun match, fired off 125 rnds of 20 ga and I was fine the next day when my friend thought for sure that I would be shoulder sore. Also, it...
  13. K

Made A Trade Today

I prefer a 12" LOP and have a Hogue on order already :P I have a pair of 500's, one with the Bantam 12" and really like it over the 13" wood youth stock that I bought three years ago. The Bantam 12" syn lightened the gun more than the wood and it and swings easier too. I know a trainer who...
  14. K

Made A Trade Today

Thank guys .. However I am a tad confused. I called Mossberg for a production date supplying the SN. I was told 1/23/95 which by the looks of the barrel .. wear .. yeah that's believable, but it has a SpeedFeed stock and forearm, both look fairly new that is identical to the set currently...
  15. K

Made A Trade Today

Swapped a S&W BG.380 for this .. 590 SP I plan on selling the Speedfeed stock as it is too long of a LOP, ordered a Houge 12" instead. I will be putting a RCS/ARES Gear Modulaoder on the receiver for extra shell carry.
  16. K

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

I have that same pad on a Rem 770 .243, and on my shotguns I use the *Shooters Friend Recoil Pad* http://www.amazon.com/SageOutfitters-co ... ers+friend I have two of these and they spread the felt recoil .. feel little to nothing. I am currently working on a trade for a 590 SP . The guy...
  17. K

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

I'll pass. It was sort of an inside joke that Mike should get. Anyways .. he's right, back on topic. To each their own. I will stick with the RCS/ARES Moduloader system, just ordered another system yesterday online, and already heard from RCS on the Quick Ship to set up my new Moss 500.
  18. K

Hey Mike .. dare I mention the Serpa test? :lol:
  19. K

No Mike, they are not rich, but Steve is doing much better after heading up Magpul Dynamics, replacing Chris Costa who decided to venture out on his own .. Ludus out of Florida. Steve and Chris are good friends, as you know another close bud of Steve's, Doug Holloway owner of ATEiguns.com is...
  20. K

Pistol grip only shotgun

MY very first long gun was the Mossberg 500 Persuader which came with the pistol grip option. I was leaning toward to putting it on until I was told NOT to knowing that I have old injuries and osteoporosis. Guys .. please don't do this for your wives/other half. Many of us are just to...
Back