• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. billt

Sling choice

I use the excellent Vanguard 230-C Deluxe Rifle sling with sewn in swivels on all of my fighting shotguns. They are comfortable and are of excellent quality. https://www.vanguardworld.us/hunting_us/gun-hugger-deluxe-230c.html#go-sectionTop
  2. billt

12 GA mini shells

I'm not seeing the attraction with these dinky little things. They feed poorly, and can cause many pumps and autos to jam up. They are crazy expensive, ($1.00 a piece), for what they are. And don't have the power of plain 2-3/4" loads that can be had for as little as $6.00 for a box of 25, (.24...
  3. billt

Did you try BALLISTOL?

Ballistol was introduced before WW I, and is nearly 104 years old. While Ballistol is better than nothing, there are much better gun lubrication products available today. And Mineral Oil, while made from a petroleum base stock, can and does go bad after time. And it can leave your guns a sticky...
  4. billt

Gun Grease Evaluation

I have been using Mobil 1 20W-50 grade motor oil almost exclusively for most all of my gun lubrication and rust proofing requirements for quite some time now where oil is required. About the only supplemental oil I use along with it is ATF, (Automatic Transmission Fluid), and Mobil 1 Synthetic...
  5. billt

Mossberg 590 A-1 Mil-Spec VS. 500

I've had a Mossberg 500 "Combo Gun" for some time now, and recently picked up a 590 A-1 Mil-Spec. I thought it would be helpful to do a comparision of the features / price / and value of both guns because while both may appear similar, there are a few differences worth pointing out. First off...
  6. billt

Man, I really feel for you. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Inexcusable for a gun costing that amount of money. I purchased a new 590 A-1 Mil-Spec from my local dealer through Davidson's. All of the firearms they sell, regardless of brand, come with a Lifetime Free Replacement...
  7. billt

Question about Sling Mount Stud, 590A1

I had the same issue with my 590 A-1. The problem with the 9 shot A-1 is if you replace the magazine cap it makes a bayonet mount impossible. I just tightened mine until it was tight, then backed it off, (about 1/8th turn), until it was even. Then I mounted the sling. It can't come off with the...
Back