• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

Yes I new but what do you think about this combo

Every training class I have taken, and there have been a few, always stated the same thing. Load the tube with the same rounds, and have the side saddle load with something different. I have 00 buck in the tube and 3 slugs/ 3 00 buck on the saddle. In most HD situations slugs are not needed. And...
  2. D

Hunting Knives

What exactly are we hunting? I thought my BK7 was large.
  3. D

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Returning to my roots..."The 500" I am also thinking the same. I was going to get an AR after the holidays. Now There are none to be found. I have an S&M M&P 9mm on order.
  4. D

KaBar / Becker

If the cold bluing doesn't hold up, try some apple cider vinegar. Heat it up also to a boil and then soak the blade. The longer it soaks the darker it will become. My buddy did this to a BK 2 and the blade is now almost black in color and will not scrape off. It also protects from rusting.
  5. D

Re: New 500- 50521 owner, things to get or do? Here is a link to my build viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5268 It is the basic HD weapon. The stock pad isn't the best, I switched to a Hogues stock. As for ammo I got a brick of this Federal LE13200 Low Recoil Flitecontrol Wad, and really like it. I was...
  6. D

AR-15 and Variants

Thanks guys. I will keep looking around. I will check out the colt. I am not sure if there is dealer close.
  7. D

AR-15 and Variants

Need your help. Santa has agreed to a new weapon, and AR. I was really looking at the Bushmaster M4 MOE. Then I came across the Precision Firearm Entry, http://www.precisionfirearms.com/38.html. It is built local and seem to have good specs, and both are at the same price point. I have heard...
  8. D

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

Thet are great looking animals. I always wanted a mastiff, but the wife said no. I am stuck with danes.
  9. D

Shotgun Ammo for Home Defense- #8

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/shotgun-a ... n/12-gauge 50 round bricks or 250 round cases.
  10. D

Re: My new build The new A Tacs camo, if not basic black. It will come down to what I can find.
  11. D

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Stock options for Persuader? The 12 LOP Hogue is a great stock. I don't the pistol grip on a shotgun so like Rossignal I will defer also. I real like the Marbel Arms tritium sight. Works very well and a lot cheaper than a Big Dot.
  12. D

Re: My new build Just wanted to put closure on this thread. Everything is working well and I have spent some quality time at the range. It will be put to the test in February when I do my next class. It will not be lonely for long as I have a new weapon coming form Santa, a Bushmaster MOE M4.
  13. D

Shotgun Ammo for Home Defense- #8

I have been trying some of the Federal LE13200 Low Recoil Flitecontrol Wad. This LE 00 buck shot. It has a nice tight pattern up to 25 yards and it also past the FIB penetration test. This is some of the best 00 buck I have used. The lower recoil allows be to back on target faster, and my...
  14. D

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: Mossberg Thunder Ranch Looks good. I would recommend the Elite Tactical Advantage safety. Larger than most and very easy to use.
  15. D

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Hogue is one of the best short stocks. I just put many round down range on my new built with this stock. If you need quick deployment a signal point sling would be best. Might not be great to fish with though.
  16. D

Re: My new build Thanks guys. And Lazy that is where I lay my thumb also. Just a heads up the Marbel sight is on sell at Brownells. You have to add it to your cart to see the sell price, $23.
  17. D

Re: My new build Put the setup through it paces today. About 200 rounds down range and all went well. It did take a few times to be hit the nose to realize that I can't wrap my thumb with the 12" LOP. The sight worked very well and is a huge improvement over the stock bead. And what else can be...
  18. D

Re: My new build I will be going to the range this weekend and post an update. I have modded the factory stock to 13" LOP just in case.
  19. D

Re: My new build Hogue 12"LOP stock and forend Elite tactical safety Marbel Arms tritium sight The GG&G mount showed today also. This my basic HD weapon. I think I will go with a velcro side saddle, either a 3Gun or Esstac.
  20. D

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

Thanks all. Now if I could just keep him from jumping the 4' fence.
Back