• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. BrianJ

SA-20 Tactical Mods

Pretty sure he was joking. Mine has been kind of resting too. Can't get 20 ga ammo at any reasonable price. I use 1 oz 7.5 1165 fps low brass and Winchester said they will not even be making any until next year some time.
  2. BrianJ

SA-20 Tactical Mods

Hey bobster, how have you been? The barrel was a cylinder bore from the factory and I had Mike Orlen thread it. He had to thread for a Winchester choke because that was the only tool he had that would cut a chrome lined barrel. Apparently the barrel is made in the same factory as Bennelli. Then...
  3. BrianJ

SA-20 Tactical Mods

Finally got to upload pics. The mods are more competition than tactical but still effective and fun. This is a 20 inch tactical but I traded the pistol grip stock for a standard. (Didn't like the pistol grip) Added extended Trulock IM choke, 7+1 and 9+1 mag tubes, match saver shell holder, 7...
  4. BrianJ

SA-20 Tactical Mods

5. BrianJ

SA-20 Tactical Mods

Tube yes but flashlight no. Choate +4 gives me 9+1 for OOS matches only. Choate +2 gives me 7+1 for everything else (NY legal but not NJ legal) A small rail could be mounted on the Choate barrel/tube clamp with a longer bolt.
  6. BrianJ

SA-20 Tactical Mods

I started a thread a while ago about a receiver mounted Velcro side saddle. It was an Esstac product but was only available in 20 ga from SKD. The thread was: 20 ga side saddle card I have used it in 3 gun and tactical shotgun matches very often, with no issues. Punctuation is important. Lol
  7. BrianJ

SA-20 Piston Cleaning

Thanks for that. I have tried several times to unscrew the pieces to no avail. I will try again. Did you need a tool? Left hand thread? Anything odd? Mine might be too old now to come apart without tool marks.
  8. BrianJ

Rifled Choke Tube?

I'm pretty sure they are Benelli choke threads but check with Mossberg.
  9. BrianJ

20 ga side saddle card

Hello all It's been a while but I thought this was something of interest. ESSTAC now makes a 20 gauge Velcro attached side saddle. For some reason, they are only available through SKD. I have used their 12 gauge cards for years and put a few stitches in to make them hold the 20 ga shells...
  10. BrianJ

Mossberg SA-20 - Remove Magazine Spring Plug.

Sorry, I can't be much help. This does not look anything like mine. Does the entire plug come out? What happens when you press the button? Mine also does not have the holes in the tube. Good luck. Post pics when you get it out.
  11. BrianJ

Mossberg SA-20 - Remove Magazine Spring Plug.

Welcome aboard. I believe I may have the older type. I did not know it was changed. Can you include some photos? Some closeups of the protrusions and pin might help.
  12. BrianJ

SA-20 Break In

Welcome to the forum. SA-20 is a great gun to shoot, lots of fun and accurate.
  13. BrianJ

SA-20 +3 Magazine Extension Installation

Excellent. Looks good. Right tool for the right job. I do have one question, is that lathe in your basement or in a shop. I’m jealous.
  14. BrianJ

I forgot to add, I taped up the ends of the files to not scratch the tube. I also put a rag down the tube to catch filings.
  15. BrianJ

Hello guys. I went low tech. I’m paranoid of a Dremel running away on me. I used a rat-tail and a finer half-round file (painstakingly) after I removed the spring and follower. I finished with the Dremel to smooth and polish the tube. I use a Choate machine +2 and a +4 with no issues (different...
  16. BrianJ

Hi all. I haven’t seen any posts here in quite a while so I thought I’d chime in and say hello while I was at it. Zekester, Bobster is the resident expert on these guns and a great source of knowledge. That said, I am using the stock follower as the one I got from Choate actually prevented...
  17. BrianJ

Mossberg gets rid of my beloved "Thug" !

Interesting, what mods did the gunsmith do to make it more zombie efficient? Always looking for some new changes to make.
  18. BrianJ

Mossberg SA-20 Photo Gallery

Good luck, have fun and be safe.
  19. BrianJ

SA-20 in 3 gun

Great fun. A long day but more than worth it. Even in the rain. The 20 gauge had no problem with the steel targets even at 30 - 35 yards using low brass 7.5 shot.
  20. BrianJ

SA-20 in 3 gun

Hello all. It's been a while. I did another 3 gun, Labor Day weekend in Pa. had a great time in spite of the leftover Harvey rain. This is my 3rd 3 Gun match. Great match, much bigger tan I thought included some Pros, Experts, High Marksmen. Don't think they'll have to worry about me catching...
Back