• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

What are the differences among the 500, 590, and 590A1?

If I had half of the photographic ability that you do, I would do a similar disection of my 500 Cruiser and post it up. Very good write-up.
  2. S

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! This is pretty interesting because I have a beast of a time getting the aft part of the trigger assembly to drop into the receiver after I field strip my 500. I was assuming it was either me lining it up wrong or everything just being tight due to...
  3. S

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Re: Mounting A Light On A 500 Tactical Cruiser/Persuader Oh, sorry. I find that sometimes when I get an email stating that a new post has been made to a thread that I subscribed to, I forget which thread it was which makes my response irrelevent to the particular conversation. I should...
  4. S

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! What is different in the receivers? Is mine made of a different metal than LAZY EYED SNIPER's or is it the internal parts that makes the difference? Just to be clear, it doesn't bother me that mine is called a 500 vs a 590, I just want to make...
  5. S

Re: Mounting A Light On A 500 Tactical Cruiser/Persuader for $50, not even considerable. I am still leaning towards drilling 2 holes in my forend, putting nutserts in and buying a 2 inch rail for it.
  6. S

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Ah. I was just asking because a buddy of mine insists that mine is a 590, regardless of what the box or receiver says (the box said 500 Persuader/Cruiser and the receiver is stamped 500 ® 12 GA.). Then I showed him the 500 Cruiser on Mossberg's...
  7. S

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! So are you sure it is a 590? Mine has the 590 barrel and mag tube, but it is still a 500. What did your box say?
  8. S

Re: Mounting A Light On A 500 Tactical Cruiser/Persuader The video doesn't work anymore. I'm trying to find an option for mounting either my Surefire or Pelican light up front. I'm not sure I like the bracket that goes under the mag cap because it negates the detent ball. I am not...
  9. S

TruGlo TG131SG

Another option would be just the front sight from the TG958 set. It looks to be a little taller, although if the TG131SG works, I think I would rather have it as it looks a little tougher. The TG958 looks like it might be a little fragile.
  10. S

TruGlo TG131SG

Anyone got a 500 or 590 will a rail mounted on the receiver? If you do, have you tried any front sights? I am kindof looking at the TruGlo TG131SG. I think I have decided to not put a ghost ring sight on the rear because the channel that is cut out of the picatinny rail works perfectly as a...
  11. S

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! No, I was more or less wondering in an effort to help others. And what I mean by that is if someone was in the market for a shotgun and they stumbled across this forum, information like that may or may not be helpful in the decision making process...
  12. S

Middle Tennessee

I live in Knoxville and work in Louisville. I grew up in Knoxville and since then I have lived in Georgia, Kentucky, Alabama, Oklahoma and Iraq but now I'm back in Knoxville. From the looks of things, my next year long residence will be Afghanistan, but for the time being Knoxville is where...
  13. S

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Maybe if M24 gets some extra time, he will chime in and let us all know. It seems as though he may be the subject matter expert.
  14. S

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Well, that's what I was asking. Remember, I showed you my 500 Cruiser, but it has the 590 barrel retainer ring, with the 590 mag tube and mag tube cap, along with the internal cap. I want to find someone with a 590 Cruiser that lives close to me...
  15. S

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Is there a difference in the 500 cruiser and 590 cruiser? The reason I ask is because I couldn't really see a difference in mine and yours, but mine is a 500 cruiser.
  16. S

How often do you clean your firearm after use?

I enjoy cleaning my guns, believe it or not. When I go to the range, I let the weapon cool down a little bit after I'm done, then put a little CLP on the aft end of a bore snake and run it through the bore a few times, then when I get home, they get a good cleaning. Added to that, if I am...
  17. S

New Mossberg 500

So the 835 stock fit. I went and shot it yesterday up at Watershed in Norris, and it was a blast. Shot the 5906, the XDm and the shotgun and it couldn't have been a better day. The 500 felt really good, but now my shoulder is bruised, lol. When I got to Watershed, someone had left a Shoot N...
  18. S

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: 500 Cruiser (or 590 Cruiser?) Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the help.
  19. S

835 stock fits on 500 Cruiser

Yeah, I like the feel of it a lot better. Can get it up on my shoulder and feel like I have the opportunity to actually aim it rather than just going from the hip. I work in the morning, but I am going to go shoot it Monday and see how I like it.
  20. S

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: 500 Cruiser (or 590 Cruiser?) the rest of the pictures.
Back